Sydney Meetup - Sat 30 Aug 2014

Thankyou for organising. Met lots of new and inspiring people, and some that we've known for a while. I was very impressed that a lot of the investors are quite young.

It was a good night, although maybe next time something not quite so loud would be better for conversations.:D Or maybe I'm just showing my age.:p

Sydney Meetup!

Thanks for organising a great night out!
I think I cam home hoarse, trying to be heard over the Piano accordion!
I really am very happy to finally meet the people who I have been talking to and learning from for the past couple of years!
thanks again!

SeafordSunshine:)

It was a good night, although maybe next time something not quite so loud would be better for conversations.:D Or maybe I'm just showing my age.:p

Finding good central locations suitable for a group of people and quiet enough to have decent conversations is really difficult.

One of the reasons we keep going back to Chatswood RSL - central/spacious/quiet (except when there is Karaoke on or a game on the big screen :eek: )

The only downside with using clubs is the entrance requirements - you can't just walk in. Not a big deal, but still a bit of a hassle.

Still looking for suitable alternatives elsewhere in the region for a bit of a change - so suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks for organising. Nice to finally meet people in the forum. Yeah, there was a lot of screaming at the start. Thanks for sharing your stories.

:cool:

Good night! Though I have to say, the attitude of the venue staff left a lot to be desired. My meet and greet on arrival at the main entrance was a security guard who basically said get to the back of the line, dont care about your reservation. But at the back of the line was RF so all was good

Finding good central locations suitable for a group of people and quiet enough to have decent conversations is really difficult.

Yep, I know! That was why when I did the few out this way, they were at the St Mary's Leagues Club.

It's big enough to get seating for heaps of people, you can get a seat away from others, so it's quiet enough to be heard. There's parking onsite. It's not too expensive, so those on a budget can be accommodated.

The downfall is the food. I'm not a huge fan of all-you-can-eat smorgasbords.

There's not too many places where everything is 'right'.

Hey hey,

How was the turnout? Ok so different venue

I'll organise another for early October. Any suggestions on location?

Hey hey,

How was the turnout? Ok so different venue

I'll organise another for early October. Any suggestions on location?

Turnout was pretty good. Shame you weren't there though.

Dave's put his hand up, not sure if he's suggesting October though. So, may be able to do both, one in Oct, and one at Dave's place. :D

Back