Sydney: Nice Sydney...Pity no Regular SS Meetings

Well...it seems that there is a meeting everywhere except Sydney!:eek:

Sim....are you still organising Sydney meetings?

If not would someone want to help me organise Sydney SS get togethers say once a month?

I note that one of the issues with organising a meeting in Sydney...is getting people to a location that is convenient. Perhaps we could rotate venues...from North, South, West, East....

Would people be willing to meet in the city...I realise that parking is hard to get...but will people catch a train to a venue within walking distance of say Wynyard or Townhall?

I have enjoyed these discussions with people...would love to hear some input and ideas from other people.

Also, if we catch-up for a couple of hours....what sort of budget would they prepared to pay for dinner...$10, $20, etc. Also...what day is best...weekday...weekend. I remember that occaisionally we used to catch-up for the whole afternoon at restaurants. Does this appeal?

Love to hear feedback!:)

Last edited:
sash trying to keep everybody happy will never work.

Unless someone designates a place and says "this is where it is, sun arvo" it won't happen.
If no one turns up, enjoy the coffee in peace & harmony.
If you do it, it's almost certain people will turn up.

It can be very beneficial for varous ppl to get together and each give a presentation on what's happening in their area, and let the others pick on it.
Could make for an interesting exchange.

I havent been posting the right group ones of late :( my bad, been too busy posting properties in my SS time :D

Every second Tuesday next one being the 16th Feb, always at Rydges Parramatta.

www.rightgroup.biz

Havent seen you for a while Sash, should come by again sometime.

Nath.

Well...it seems that there is a meeting everywhere except Sydney!:eek:

Sim....are you still organising Sydney meetings?

Was away over Christmas and have been pretty busy since.

I was thinking of organising another Chatswood get-together in a couple of weeks - I'll check dates (want to avoid karaoke night!) and post an announcement.

Feel free to organise your own social gathering somewhere else.

From my experience, Piston Broke is quite correct ... you need to just organise something and tell people where and when - you won't get very far asking other people for input.

I'll try and organise Chatswood gatherings at least quarterly, we can go elsewhere at other times if someone wants to organise them.

If you do organise something, let me know and I'll put a message out on Meetup.com

Nathan....I am very afraid that you will find where my properties are and lob a molotov cocktail in them and then pick them up for a song!;)...lol.

Just kidding....I have been flat chat at work...still trying to find out where the recession went last year?

Will try to come to when I have some time...

I havent been posting the right group ones of late :( my bad, been too busy posting properties in my SS time :D

Every second Tuesday next one being the 16th Feb, always at Rydges Parramatta.

www.rightgroup.biz

Havent seen you for a while Sash, should come by again sometime.

Nath.

Here's what i suggest you do sash:

• Pick a suburb your interested in.
  • Find a nice central pub or cafe with seats or views outside.
  • Announce a meeting, and gather info from the locals that turn up in exchange for info on your area.
  • If no one shows up, then it's amazing how much you learn about an area just by watching the locals.
So it's productive for you regardless.

How about for starters we do Chatswood RSL Wednesday evening next week?

Any takers? If there is enough interest here I'll post a general meeting announcement.

Hi SIm,

Can you give us a little more time? 2-3 weeks perhaps? I work some evenings and have an Apt next Wed.

Of course I don't just expect you to organise it around little ole me.:p

Regards JO

Was away over Christmas and have been pretty busy since.

I was thinking of organising another Chatswood get-together in a couple of weeks - I'll check dates (want to avoid karaoke night!) and post an announcement.

Feel free to organise your own social gathering somewhere else.

From my experience, Piston Broke is quite correct ... you need to just organise something and tell people where and when - you won't get very far asking other people for input.

I'll try and organise Chatswood gatherings at least quarterly, we can go elsewhere at other times if someone wants to organise them.

If you do organise something, let me know and I'll put a message out on Meetup.com

If you combine it with the Karaoke Sim then I will drive down from Newy for that! :D

I'd love to come but can't make it next week as I already have meetings Monday and Tuesday night.

Can't handle 3 late nights in a row AND get up to teach 5yr olds the next day.

Hi everyone,

Sim, I can make next Wednesday, but if not enough people interested, I will try to attend the next meeting.

Catherine

I would love to come - are SS newbies, like me, welcome to the gathering? ;)

ps. not sure I would be able to make next week either, but week after that looks good.

Cheers,
Lisa

go back to glebe and lets get some property speakers again.

or lets do the panel board again of active SS investors and what they've done in the last year.

im happy to help organise sims, and im sure the oldies wouldn't mind pitching in.

Perhaps Jacque can give us some hints on how her clients are making money in this market.

go back to glebe and lets get some property speakers again.

The problem with Glebe is that they started wanting us to pay them quite a bit of money for the use of their (rather noisy) room.

I'll postpone the Chatswood social gathering until the week after next and put out an announcement.

Back