Sydney Revaluation

Hiya

With all this recent talk of Sydney property market stirring, i would like to see whether anyone has recently revalued their properties which they have bought/revalued in the last 12 months.

Please provide:

1) Date of recent revaluation

2) Date of purchase (or last revaluation date)-last 12 months

2) Old and new value

3) Suburb

Am trying to get some "real" figures here.....

cheers

Same here, it would be really interesting to see real world numbers. I can see a lot of evidence to show that some areas are doing really well, with some properties selling for substantially more than similar properties 12 months ago. A recent example:
1 br, renovated single story terrace, 115sqm block sold for $675k in Sept 09
1 br, unrenovated single story terrace, outside toilet only, 80 sqm block just sold for $688k in March this year.
Looking forward to seeing what everyone has.

Well here here goes...

1. 1 br unit Dulwich Hill bought for 95k in 1999...new valuation about 279k

2. 2 br unit Campsie bought for 163k in 2002....new valuation 325k

3. 2 br unit Meadowbank bought for 90k in 1994 ...new valuation 330k

Revaluation

Hi Sash

Thanks for the numbers; but i was after properties bought / refinanced in the last 12 months eg. property bought/refinanced in March 09 AND the latest revaluation....trying to get an idea of the movement in the last 12 months...

cheers

I bought my apartment in North Sydney April last year for ~$560k. I'm going to an auction for a smaller apartment this weekend just behind my block, it's older and much more cramped but has already received offers up to $580k, I think it'll go for over $600k easy.

It has made me interested in getting my apartment valued - but what's the right way to do it? I don't want an overly optimistic one from an agent who just wants me to sell sell sell

Valuation Mar 2009 $460k (not happy with this valuation)
Valuation Mar 2010 $565k (happy with this valuation :) )
North Strathfield, Sydney

Regards,

Jason

Back