Sydney Studios

W

WebBoard

I have recently been looking at studios in Sydney, seems to me that good locations are in CBD or eastern suburbs with water/harbour views. However some appear quite small to me, since i have never owned one before i would appreciate any views with regards to size,position and return on these investments

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi

From a finance point of view, I hope you have good equity and/or cash for depposit because no mortgage insurere will touch these usually. 50 to 80 % Lona to valuation ratios are normal

Ta

Rolf

Reply: 1.1

Am I right in guessing they won't touch them because they think there is a fair chance of prices of these dropping substantially?

If so you're probably better off looking elsewhere as I assume they have done their research as avoiding lending on properties that will decrease in value is the whole basis of their business.

Cheers
Steve

Reply: 1.1.1

Hi Steve

yes and no

Sometimes there is no rhyme or reaosn as to why - fashion statement. As you indicate though the insurers do their homework ! and as a generalisation certain props are more "volatile" then others

Ta

Rolf

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Hi,
Sydney CBD and Eastern Suburbs have had huge growth but how much more can they perceivably grow? In my opinion find an area that hasn't peaked out yet, that still has all the desirables you mentioned and find something there instead.
Sam

Back