Sydney Top 10?

W

WebBoard

Any suggestions for Sydney Top 10 - but under $200K?

Although, from the sound of it, we'd be better off looking interstate. Which raises another question:

Should you buy interstate for investment purposes or stick closer to home?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Maybe the "perimeter of the circle" outskirt of the town, is the answer?

Or may be not.

Serge.

Reply: 1.1

Even though I am biased and invest in Melbourne I would say you should "stick closer to home"
Sure there are lots of opportunities to buy good investment properties elsewhere, but you have to know your market well to find that good investment property, that property that is below market price.
It's hard enough to know the property market well in your home state, let alone interstate.
Get to know a geographic area well, become an expert in it and you will be surprised by the number of bargains you come across.
Michael Yardney
Metropole Properties

Reply: 1.1.1

Oooh, that's a hard one, Wendy. I'd start by buying reports by the companies that specialize in growth rates, rental returns etc (Residex, RP etc) and begin reading! Have fun! Cheers, Jacque :)

Reply: 2

Sydney under $200k? Possible, but would you want to buy them?
Wendy, I notice that you are from Ingleburn, have you thought of looking in Woolongong and surrounding areas, it would probably not take you as long to get there as it would take you to get to the northern subs of Sydney.
I have not researched the gong at all, but if it is anything like Newcastle there may be some areas under $200k with potential for growth and decent returns. You will still need to do what Michael and Jacqueline recommended, Research and more research.

Ken
(My world for a diary with clever quotes)

Reply: 2.1

I have such a diary, Ken, and am only too happy to take you up on your offer..

Please email me with details on where I can pick up your world from, and I will hand over the diary at that time.

I understood your post to be a legal offer, and would request that you see this as the acceptance of that offer.

Thanks

asy

There are no problems, only solutions which have not yet been discovered.

Reply: 2.1.1

Asy... you really are a piece of work ;-)

sim.gif

Last edited:
Back