Sydney

I have 500k to spend. Im looking into buying a terrace/house in either Enmore, Marrickville, Dulwhich hill, Bexley, mascot, Ryde or San Souci area. Any opinions on which suburb would be better to invest in? Pros and Cons? My main object is capital gain.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

hey depreciator, im trying to buy a run down place, that i will renovate. I have seen a few under the 500k mark that require reno's, just cant decide on which suburb.

good luck in getting a house in those areas at that price range, i think you should replace terrace/house with unit/apartment, not sure if you live in sydney but there is nothing in that price range and if it is, developers snap them up real fast and will outbid you as well (i have seen them do it), they knock them down, rebuild and sell them for for over a million...

good luck in getting a house in those areas at that price range, i think you should replace terrace/house with unit/apartment, not sure if you live in sydney but there is nothing in that price range and if it is, developers snap them up real fast and will outbid you as well (i have seen them do it), they knock them down, rebuild and sell them for for over a million...

Hi chase,

Yeah i do live in sydney, and yes i have seen and been in contact with a few agents today about Terrace's under the 500k mark, so their is some out their. They do require renovations - which im happy to do.

Thanks for all the responses guys, however can we please focus on the CG aspect/ pros and cons of the areas, Like i have said i have already found a few terraces in the areas i have mentioned for under 500k so that bit isnt a problem - hard to find YES however their are some out their!

Hi Nikolina,
I tried to fine from Realestate.com.au and couldn't see any property under 500K in the areas you mentioned. Would you mind sharing the details?

Regards
Velli

hi Nikolina

I don't quite understand. You only want to spend 500k and are prepared to do renos. Why not spend a bit more and forget about the renos - much safer I would think? Plus you never know where renos will lead cost wise until you start to rip things apart.

hi Nikolina

I don't quite understand. You only want to spend 500k and are prepared to do renos. Why not spend a bit more and forget about the renos - much safer I would think? Plus you never know where renos will lead cost wise until you start to rip things apart.

Hi John,

I would rather buy cheap and do reno's myself. I do understand what you say about the costs of renovations, however i come from a family of many trades, - so that's not a problem.

I have 500k to spend. Im looking into buying a terrace/house in either Enmore, Marrickville, Dulwhich hill, Bexley, mascot, Ryde or San Souci area. Any opinions on which suburb would be better to invest in? Pros and Cons? My main object is capital gain.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Hi Nik

I would recommend Enmore and Marrickville because they are close to the city, shopping and cafes and have descent transport options. Look at on bus or train routes to maximise capital gain cause you wont find anything with off street parking at that price range, try and keep away from aircraft noise. Good luck - you will need it.

BTW hi to all the other users on this forum.
:)
Cheers

Back