sydney

Hi All
liked the sound of this from today's SMH business section

"Currently NSW is supplying just one dwelling for every 4.7 person increase in population. That is by far the lowest level on record, and when you consider the average household size is circa 2.6 people it just doesn’t add up. The Sydney market flattened out from a capital growth point of view around 2003, when more than one dwelling was approved per person. Now it is less than one fifth of that.’’

Mr Freeman said even those rare investors who question Sydney’s capital growth prospects find it almost impossible to make a case against continued strong upward pressure on rentals and yields.

GO Siderneey

stuart

There will be upwards pressure on rents, there is no doubt about that.
If you can't get a loan you can't buy anything and developers can't build because they can't get a decent loan these days

Hey Skater,

had dumpy place in our area other day.... tenant was paying 270pw, i was told by agent no more then 290pw

i threw it on for 310pw, and when i was doing outgoing inspection i leased it for 310 to a tenant....

LOL.

Hey Skater,

had dumpy place in our area other day.... tenant was paying 270pw, i was told by agent no more then 290pw

i threw it on for 310pw, and when i was doing outgoing inspection i leased it for 310 to a tenant....

LOL.

Gotta love it, hey.

Good tenant?

Can't be too bad for the area. The really bad ones can't afford that kind of rent.

Nathan, is it a 3 or 4 bedder and does it have any car accommodation? I've got a crappy one listed at the moment for $300, but it has to share a yard with a granny flat.

Ooh, I'm jealous! I don't think my flat will get that much. It's a garage conversion and really small. We've got to do some work to it before we can rent it. At the moment it's not fit for a dog, after the 'boy from hell' who was the son of the tenant in house, rented it last.

Is your's metered separately, or do you pay the utilities?

Back