Sydney's best suburb to buy a apartment with high capital gain ?

Hello Investment Hero’s,

I want to buy a 2 bed room apartment in Sydney and have a budget of up to $400,000. I want to buy in a property where you can get a high capital gain in the next 5 years.

What suburb or property’s would you recommend where I should buy ?

Hi,mate
i'd like to introduce Liverpool to you.you could find a lot of apartments in your budget.

Mount Druitt, Liverpool, etc... You can buy two properties and have some change left.

Earn yourself $600pw+ rent also.

Mount Druitt, Liverpool, etc... You can buy two properties and have some change left.

Earn yourself $600pw+ rent also.

And get some dodgy westie tenants throw in as a bargin. Then you can use the change left from the purchase to fix up the trashed place.:p

LNS is only going to net you a 1 bedder or studio for that budget. Then again you can always consider sacrificing criteria such as parking and position to get into the market at under $400K. Decent 2 bedders in this area start from mid $500Ks realistically. Lane Cove would be worth a look (predominantly Mowbray Rd side) as would the cheaper units in Wollstonecraft (most often Shirley Rd, Bay Rd etc) or if going further afield from rail transport, consider Cammeray/Mosman side. The key is finding something in a well kept complex as not all OCs are equal. :D

How about Homebush West ? Do you think it is good for capital gain ?

Lots of choice at the moment...

Agree with Campsie, Arncliffe...

Add to that:

2 brms - Ashfield, Dulwich Hill, Marrickville, Rockdale, Canterbury, Hurlstone Park, Meadowbank, North Ryde, Allawah, Carlton, Earlwood, Bexley, Rockdale, Kogarah

1 brms - Potts Point, Edgecliff, Elizabeth Bay, Lane Cove, Mosman, Cremorne, Darlinghurst

Yeah, I think the Alexandria / Waterloo area is set for excellent capital gains. It is really a great living area and very close to the CBD. In my opinion, I think the apartments there are still relatively undervalued especially given construction activity.

Gary, cmiiw
Does that means if there are many apartments construction going on then there will be more supply which can leads to ease the price little bit ? as well as affecting rental yield ?

how about wolli creek? it is a developing area...
also, train is very accessible there (intervals of almost 5-10 minutes) compared to the nearby suburbs.

How about Homebush West ? Do you think it is good for capital gain ?

There is a posibility of major upgrade to the Homebush station. Planners are considering Homebush as interchange for interstate trains. That is a billion $ investment!

And get some dodgy westie tenants throw in as a bargin. Then you can use the change left from the purchase to fix up the trashed place.:p

That isn't true bluestorm. I did an inspection of my first IP after it being rented for three months. The tenants are a couple who look after the place and never late on rent...

What a stereotype.... My sister-in-law rents in Liverpool, same place for the last 7 years. She keeps the place quite clean and nice and the place is for sale now (well the owner wants a bit too much). To date I could have purchased 3 out of 6 townhouses there but...... it all depends on our startegy...it wasn't mine.
I actually thought of buying it and renting to them but the solicitor adviced otherwise..... (mixing family and business, well....):rolleyes:

Anyone consider Merrylands ? I am looking to buy IP around Parramatta and i find Merrylands is much cheaper and affordable. And there is lot of development in this area now and will defiantly go up. any thoughts ?

Yes, prop has been buying that same unit in Trashfield for years. :rolleyes:

[QUO TE=hysterical;822986]Sounds familiar :D[/QUOTE]

God the inner west is getting big.

I swear in 2 years time Granville will be inner west as well.

LOL! Seriously, the problem with the whole 'proximity' to the CBD theory of property investment is that everyone's cottoned onto it, and you may buying into the peak of a trend.

If we draw a straight line, and extrapolate from today, well, in 15 years time, every Sydneysider is going to be an affluent young professional or university student.

Wolli Creek, Tempe, etc. that whole area there is going thru a gentrification process - very good ;)

Right now, I think Arncliffe is better value and has better prospects than Tempe. Demographics can change but aircraft noise won't. I think the price premium of Tempe should be smaller, and I think it move toward that as Arncliffe gets press and a new demo moves in. Someone really needs to shut down and reopen that IGA at the station though.

What a stereotype.... My sister-in-law rents in Liverpool, same place for the last 7 years. She keeps the place quite clean and nice and the place is for sale now (well the owner wants a bit too much). To date I could have purchased 3 out of 6 townhouses there but...... it all depends on our startegy...it wasn't mine.
I actually thought of buying it and renting to them but the solicitor adviced otherwise..... (mixing family and business, well....):rolleyes:

Yeo. Anyone that keeps their house cleaner than mine I'm happy with (I'm a hopeless housekeeper). One of my tenants in Mt Druitt keeps the house immaculate. I wish my house (PPOR) was that clean. All my Mt Druitt tenants keep the houses very clean and tidy. Some have even put gardens in. Latest one is putting some pavers in the backyard for a little BBQ area.

Back