Taking the Leap ..Launching a new business

Dear Somersofters

Within the entrepreneurial spirit of this forum what are the appropriate protocols to share the launch of a new business on our Forum? I am really keen to share our website for feedback and have sent a PM to our Forum Moderator a week ago, however given the busy time of year have had no response yet

What are our protocols to share a launch of a new business ?

Warm regards

Renee:)

Hi Renee

I'm not a mod but can't see there being any harm in you posting a link to your website for feedback. You've got a few posts on the board too so it's not like you're just popping by to spruik.

Cheers

Jamie

Hi Renee

I'm not a mod but can't see there being any harm in you posting a link to your website for feedback. You've got a few posts on the board too so it's not like you're just popping by to spruik.

Cheers

Jamie

Thanks for that Jamie - I have been a active member since 2009 so you are right, its not about being a spruik - rather some supportive feedback to build an authentic ethical business as my goal is to move away from the PAYE world that I am truly over ...it has started to feel like groundhog day in my trained professional career and for four years I have contemplating making the leap - it got to the point that 'I just have to make the leap!' and stop talking about it!
Warm regards

Renee:)

So, what do you do?

A career change that draws on my love of people skills, will do a post (my background is Senior Leadership roles in Human Services; Project Management, and Learning and Organisational Development leading key cultural change reform across large complex orgs as well as designing Learning and Development strategies to build staff engagement etc) I am going to draw on this expertise and my experience as an active property investor to launch my business. Will do a post on the business launch next

Introducing Diligent Property Management

Hi SS's

I spent sometime with a graphic designer to co-design our LOGO "Penelope" (the charicature represents a detailed diligent approach a bit like the old sitcom Frasier with his ex wife 'Lilith where nothing got past her) with feedback mechanisms in place to see which LOGO option people across all age ranges preferred and after extensive consultation, Penelope came out on top.

Our website was launched this week and I am keen for some PM feedback - the website can be accessed at:

http://www.diligentpm.com

Martin and I have also created a complementary Facebook social media site - simply type into FB Diligent Property Management

I have also attached a glossy brochure for your feedback. Gosh one feels a bit vulnerable exposing it all but it has to be done

Also, getting some white polo shirts embroided with our LOGO as I am very committed to offering a professional diligent service that follows through on all presenting matters

I am really committed to make this an outstanding service for landlords as a fellow landlord that knows what we want

Warm regards

Renee and Martin

Attachments

• Diligent Property Management GLOSSY BROCHURE.pdf
    136.1 KB · Views: 440
Renee - love your logo and website, Nice colours too.

Thank you so much - I love the positive people on SS as when discussing the concept with close family and friends all I have received in feedback is 'keep your job - don't do that, you will go broke' - I will focus on this positive energy

A career change that draws on my love of people skills, will do a post (my background is Senior Leadership roles in Human Services; Project Management, and Learning and Organisational Development leading key cultural change reform across large complex orgs as well as designing Learning and Development strategies to build staff engagement etc) I am going to draw on this expertise and my experience as an active property investor to launch my business. Will do a post on the business launch next

What made you choose Property Management, and what kind of experience do you have in the field?

Back