Talent Vs Skill - Thanks Will Smith

I liked these interviews

Few gems -
"Make a choice, decide, what it's going to be, who you're gonna be.."

"Greatness is not this wonderful, esoteric, allusive, God like feature that only the special among us will ever taste. It's something that truly exists in all of us & it's very simple: This is what I believe, and I am willing to die for it. Period."

"Don't set out to build a wall. I'm gonna lay this brick, as perfectly as a brick can be laid. Do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall!"

Then how hasn't he realised that his son has as much acting talent as a packet of twisties!!!!

Did you listen to the interviews? 'talent' had very little to do with success. It is about how you develop your 'skills'.

That music that is meant to build feelings of empowerment just lead to annoyance for me... but I quite liked this one...
"Don't set out to build a wall. I'm gonna lay this brick, as perfectly as a brick can be laid. Do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall!"
Thanks for sharing!

OK. Will, I'm starting as union rep. Looking.g forward to this. Wonder if madam lash is still open for business?.

In my previous life as a Golf Pro and as a teacher of that sport, I came across many people who were talentless, but became very skillful...especially amongst the teenage boys whose desire was to become Greg Norman or Tiger Woods or Jack Nicklaus.

I also saw many who were overflowing with talent, who ended up no more skillful than the talentless wretch.

The difference was desire, plus work ethic, plus belief.

Often times the hard-working plodder rises above the talented competitor who is a bit lazy.

It happens in all sports as well.

Didn't he get busted recently having an affair? Great role model.
Add Michelle and "Commando" from "The Biggest Loser" fame to that scenario - both have lost me; as inspirational people.

Didn't he get busted recently having an affair? Great role model.

Didn't happen. It was a rumor a tabloid started and backed it with 'incriminating photos' from a movie set.

Regardless, the values he speaks of in the talk are phenomenal, and I would personally strive to attain them. If he does or doesn't is his own business. Who am I to judge, I have gone against my own moral compass at times and regretted it. Ironically doing things society would praise me for. Right and wrong is quite grey at best

English is not a requirement to become rich :)
Grammar, however; is an important factor on an internet site where folks can only read what you say, and will or will not converse with you if the text is really hard/annoying to read.

We can all just spew out unintelligible stuff with spelling mistakes and so on...that's easy.

It takes only a little bit of extra time to go through and correct most of the mistakes.

There's even a spell checker for the real strugglers.

Back