Taperoo, South Australia?

What are everyones thoughts on Taperoo in SA?

15ks from the CBD
Walk to the train station
Walk to the beach
Walk to the river
Port re-development up the road (construction of navy subs and ships)

700sqm block with 3 bed house for around the $300k mark. Rents around the $275 - $325+ mark.

Looking at this suburb for my 2nd IP. Will be purchasing from Perth though, so most likely to buy unseen.

Northern-western suburbs?

Check recent threads in the 'where to buy' forum, there was a very positive thread on the western side of Adelaide. Can't remember if Taperoo got a mention but Semaphore did.

Northern-western suburbs?

Check recent threads in the 'where to buy' forum, there was a very positive thread on the western side of Adelaide. Can't remember if Taperoo got a mention but Semaphore did.

Have had a look at Semaphore. has had a bit of a price rise over the last few years and is bit more expensive then Taperoo although closer to the CBD

Taperoo was always considered a bad area but this has changed in the last 10 years but I would definately stay away from the houses east of Victoria rd as Port river has allot of heavy industry along it and as such allot of poor housing stock which will only actract poor tenants.

As Pablo said, there is a difference in Taperoo between cheap and good value. Make sure the street/block is a good one so you get value for money.

Also, I think from memory there is two very distinct development zones through there. One has 400m2 minimum, the other has 250m2 minimum lot sizes so that might also help with determining of the price is good.

Gools

Back