Tarneit area

Dear all,

I have been eyeing for Tarneit area for awhile.
I am currently looking at asset1 land on Tarneit Reserve.

From my personal point of view (not a recmmendation), I am pretty upbeat about this area, here are the pros (+) n cons (-) :

+ Infrastructure development happenings around that area (schools, houses ,child cares ,etc)

+ The proximity to the coastal area even though it is not a beach

+ The trend movement from of VIC-ans to the West as the price on the East is getting more expensive

+ Proximity to the CBD area, 25 km, which only took around 30 minutes to it.

- Landscape is not the best, as it is dry and not in the rainbelt areas

- Rental yield around 4.5% is just okay, not really sure about the rental demand.

- Negative comments about the Capital Growth in this forum even though from historical median ,there is a growth of 12 % from 07-08 from homepriceguide

I would kindly appreciate any response regarding the area of Tarneit as I am really really looking to buy into this area.
Thank you in advance !!

Hi, I'm in Perth and am interested in buying my first investment property in Tarneit. I found out about this area from a mortgage broker who is really into property investing.
How did you find the area ? (seeing as you are in Sydney).
My problem is choosing a house there. I want something as new as possible (for tax deductions) but I find most for sale are either in construstion phase or are already a year or more older or are over priced display homes.

Just my personal view, but I would advise caution on this area.

1) Large tracts of land still to be developed.

2) Infrastructure is very very under developed and is not coping with the surge in population. Eg. Sayers Rd is carrying a vast amount of traffic into the area from the Princes Freeway and is only a single lane each way. The Wyndam council will not expand this road as they are reluctant to spend money on infrastructure.

3) Houses are being built very quickly and all look very much the same.

4) Streets within estates are very very small. The area is flat without trees and looks very dry and barren.

5) Significant traffic problems occur regularly during peak hour. One accident on the freeway into the city is enough to cause delays in Tarneit for hours.

6) The area is no where near the bay.. Don't be fooled! Areas on the bay include Williamstown, and Altona. Surrounding areas which are close to the bay are Seaholme, Altona North, Altona Meadows, Laverton to a degree and Point Cook. Tarneit is not close to the bay!!!

7) The nearest train stations are in Laverton, and Hoppers Crossing. I hear a rumour of a train line perhaps going through, but am not sure when this would occur. Could be a pipe dream.

8) 25 kms from the city is a long way when the infrastructure has not been built properly.

How do I know all of this? I work in the area and experience the consequence of poor infrastructure daily! The traffic is only going to get worse as more houses are built and more people move in.

Regards Jason.

well said jingo, would agree and believe you can do better with your money than investing in tarneit, the infrastructure is really really lacking atm

Long way from the city (25+ kms).

In the west, that means that you are in woop woop, surrounded by heaps of future land releases, seriously limiting the area's CG.

I agree with the comments about the lack infrastructure.

You might be better off getting into Laverton, Hoppers Crossing or Werribee where there is great infrastructure.

Do not believe the naysayers who say that the West is not going ahead...and about travel times. The Southeast is new very crowded now and travel times have increased even with the Eastlink.

The stigma of the West is slowly disappearing as people realise how close it is to the city.:D

guys, thank you for the reply....

appreciate your feedback.....
i know tarneit from a developer in sydney....

it seems that for all melbourners, this area is pretty bad ...........
but I do my due diligence into that area, it is so dry and barren, have to agree with that !!!

but with the development proposal of schools and childcare, etc and also a shopping centre, there might be changes with this area.........I have contacted the strategic planning of wyndham council....

my sense is this area has got nothing at the moment....but with the development that is happening......it might worth something in the future.......

maybe to melbourners , those west side, is just like western suburbs of those in sydney....we do not like west right ?

but I guess, the west of this melbourne is different in a way that they are close to the coastal area......the rule of property is to buy somewhere in the coastal area......would anyone agree ?

no, for investors, I don't think west is overlooked. But why would you buy Tarneit when nearby Werribee offers so much more (closer to beach, established public transport, school and amenities)?

I am not too sure bout Melton...
it is somewhere close to Tarneit if I have not mistaken.....

however.....the price for tarneit is around 313 k for 450 m2....
so it is pretty alright....

however.....the price for tarneit is around 313 k for 450 m2....
so it is pretty alright....

j4mesa, why is that 'pretty alright' when you can get homes on larger blocks in Western Sydney for nearly $100k less?

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...r=&cc=&c=57444843&s=nsw&snf=rbs&tm=1210474366

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...r=&cc=&c=57444843&s=nsw&snf=rbs&tm=1210474366

And comparing against land value (see below), the above 2 look quite good.

Or even buy two high-yielding units like this:

(you'd be struggling to find units in Melbourne with a garage for this cheap)

Peter

2 Roseberry st altona meadows, what did it go for?

Dear all,

I have been eyeing for Tarneit area for awhile.
I am currently looking at asset1 land on Tarneit Reserve.

From my personal point of view (not a recmmendation), I am pretty upbeat about this area, here are the pros (+) n cons (-) :

+ Infrastructure development happenings around that area (schools, houses ,child cares ,etc)

+ The proximity to the coastal area even though it is not a beach

+ The trend movement from of VIC-ans to the West as the price on the East is getting more expensive

+ Proximity to the CBD area, 25 km, which only took around 30 minutes to it.

- Landscape is not the best, as it is dry and not in the rainbelt areas

- Rental yield around 4.5% is just okay, not really sure about the rental demand.

- Negative comments about the Capital Growth in this forum even though from historical median ,there is a growth of 12 % from 07-08 from homepriceguide

I would kindly appreciate any response regarding the area of Tarneit as I am really really looking to buy into this area.
Thank you in advance !!

Hi, does any one out there, maybe Jingo, know how much 2 Roseberry street altona meadows went for, it sold before auction, we looked at it over a year ago and it was an absolute dive, who ever bought it did great things with it, so would love to know what it went for, thanks, Liz.

Back