Tassie Property Investors get together - questionaire

Hi Everyone,

I'm just trying to get a feel for what the majority of people prefer in the way of a property investors get together in Hobart.

I've put together a few questions and if you wouldn't mind letting me know your opinion it would be very helpful in working out which way to go.

Would you prefer the get togethers on a weekend? If so do you prefer Lunch, Afternoon or Dinner? Or would you prefer weekdeay evenings?

Do you prefer to have a guest speaker?
Do you prefer informal get togethers, networking with like minded people?
Do you prefer a mixture of both? for example, 1 month a guest speaker, the next month an informal get together for a chat.

Does anyone have any suggestions for speakers? Anyone they know who might be good, or anyone they would like to hear.

I know we are not going to be able to suit everyone, the more responses I get, the better chance we have of making something work.

Regards,
Pete

Last edited:
Hi Pete,

Well, since no one else is going to speak up, I'll go first....

I would prefer weekday evenings as week-ends are usually filled with family stuff or jobs to be done. It would be good to have some informal meetings, but also some with a guest speaker. Finding regular guest speakers in Hobart will be the hard bit I guess - we were very fortunate when Rolf S agreed to come down for our first meeting. I don't know of anyone in Hobart who would be a good guest speaker for this type of meeting unfortunately.

John.

I don't know of anyone in Hobart who would be a good guest speaker for this type of meeting unfortunately.
There's usually a lot of people who are willing to talk.

You could have meetings playing Cashflow (if somebody has a game). (there are clubs)

But look around the industry. Talk to real estate agents, lawyers, accountants, buyers agents, bankers, property managers, developers, business people, renovators, town planners, city councillors, mortgage brokers, people selling renovating stuff ... even look into other investment fields- like shares for instance.

Sometimes people from interstate may like to contribute- for them, it's a tax deductible trip to propmote their business- and they can often do a lot of business as a result.

There's people like Michael Yardney, Steve Navra, even Peter Spann, who have gone interstate to promote their own businesses- and who may be happy to promote to an audience of people who are actively involved in real estate, and who have good equity.

They all have their own agenda, for sure.

But they can also have something solid to offer.

Just make sure that their knowledge about investors and investing (if applicable) is good.

Alternate Cashflow games with speakers- so that you nly have to find a speaker every second month.

Or have an "experts' panel"- where you get three or four people who know about a particular field to contribute. Do you have members who run a business? Or a website? People who sell a lot of stuff on ebay?

I haven't been involved in our Canberra group for a few years, unfortunately, due to work pressures. But I was involved with the group when it started. These were just some things which worked for us.

Thanks Geoff,

I've got a couple in mind who are Hobart based.

One is a fairly high profile real estate agent in Hobart, the other is an interior designer.

Cheers,

Pete

Hi, We did have monthly meetings happening however that was a number of years ago now. We found that it was extremely hard getting the numbers to attend plus we soon ran out of speakers.

I am not aware if there are other groups doing similar. It would be nice to get something going again but you know what Hobart people are like. Especially now that winter is on the way.

Happy to meet up if you are interested. My husband & I are actively involved in building, developing, subdividing and just starting to get in to the US market.

Cheers
Jackie & Pete

Thank you for the response. I know what you mean about Hobart people and winter!
Would love to catch up. My husband and I are relatively new to the Hobart property market and would love to find out others opinions.

Tasmania Property Investment

Hi,

Is this group for people who invest in Tasmania, or for Tasmanians who invest in property there?

I live in Melbourne and have bought in Hobart for the last 10 years. It would great to exchange ideas with other investors of a similar ilk. Thanks.

Giuseppe

Back