tax deducation

Another tax question, as the deadline is closing in....

As just have been trying to fill out this year's tax form, I was not able to find a box where to insert some expenses I thought I would be able to claim as deductions. I am thinking of expenses such as Freestyler membership, books on investment topics, etc...

We have 2 IP's and the FreeStyler's networked has helped me a lot in opening my eyes to all the possibilities out there, but the tax office's stand is that those expenses can be either included in the capital base and reducing the CGT if we ever sell them or get a private ruling from them.

Is that the way how others do it too, or is there another way?

Or the answer is to form a company and have them as business expenses?