Tax Office targets property scheme

Reply: 1.1

Well I hope it doesn't affect caravan park residences.

Cathy

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1.1.1

That is one reason why I hate it when amateurs get involved in aggressive tax planning.

They stuff it up for everybody else.

Having said that, tax savings is not the only reason to structure things this way. But the early warning system indicated care should be taken in structuring unit trusts to rent from.

I would argue that if the unit trust makes additional residential real estate investments there is a case of it not being a sham.

(yes I'm kinda back)

Paul Zag
Dreamspinner
Oz Film Biz is at
http://wealthesteem.dyndns.org/

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Paul, welcome back! I missed you saying the things I think at times. Amateurs (smart rear ends in particular) have stuffed up more than one 'nice little earner'. Just watch wraps be regulated out of existence or profitability over the next 5 to 10 years.

Michael Croft

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Do you folks remember few years back was lot of screaming about privatisation of government assets...power stations, rail, etc?

Few of them smaller but most memorable once were - outsource drivers (the once who drives members of the Parliament), computer section.... etc.

Well, they did outsource them that are for sure, but people and jobs are still there. The only difference was and is, they all are now employed as private contractors and get paid more.

Same with tax deductions. They say they will close it down...blah, blah, blah...and then at the end of that article it says - Private ruling is available.
After all who stops you to rent that place instead of buying it and claim all those deductions.

So, here you are.

Welcome back Paul and Dave! Nice to see good and experience people are back on forum.

Serge.

Back