technology vs washing machine

im not sure how long its been but i could say almost 6 months even more since i lost my usb stick
i found it today in the washing machine stuck in the rubber lip (front loader) now it has to of been there since i lost it and was rusty as
i thought no way in hell this is going to work but i scraped the rust off as best i could, cleaned the strips in the connection and plugged it in (while still being damp) and bugger me it still works!

technology 1 washing machine 0

so what has won or lost against your washing machine..?

My wife just told me that her mobile phone went through the wash once and it still works!

Someone I know tried to dry their mobile after dropping it in some water, they used the microwave......no good.

I get that YES! feeling every time I pull a plastic note out of the washer. The old paper notes never survived. Nor do the bus and train tickets.

one of my old phones fell into a urinal while i was heavily under the influence
i then proceed to wash it under the tap whist not thinking i should turn it off
waking up the next morning i realized why i wasnt getting any signal that night so turned it off pulled it apart n let it dry out n worked fine

Oh yeah lost socks in ours too. Hubby always leaves money in his pockets, I fish it out and it goes straight into the piggy bank :)

Fourty years ago I bought a Kelvinator "suds-back" top-loader. All it took was one golf tee still in my socks and I was out buying a new relay. If my memory serves me well they might have cost ten quid each (a lot of money then). Would hate to have been paying a lecky to fit them as well. :eek:

ps. My daughter found $150 in ours last week. Had to do some sweet talkin' to get it back.

Some years ago I was the only one home and as I ran my biz from home I took the cordless phone with me to the toilet. Somehow I dropped it into the pan.

I stripped it and cleaned it and got it working again. I simply told Mrs Fish I got it wet. Some time later she asked "How" did I get it wet. I just told her she didn't want to know so she dropped the subject. :D

My wife just told me that her mobile phone went through the wash once and it still works!

Someone I know tried to dry their mobile after dropping it in some water, they used the microwave......no good.

The problem with that trick is you can only ever do it once.

The second phone I put through the wash didn't make it sadly.

My daughter dropped her new phone in the toilet.

The interweb told her to seal it in a bag full of rice for a while.

Worked fine after that.

Tissues! I always check the pockets of everything before throwing stuff in the wash, but I always seem to end up with tissue bits on my washing when I pull it out! I've checked out the machine when it's empty - nothing in it so where the hell do they come from? And it's suck a pain trying to get it all off. :(

Had a pair of thongs on at the pub the other day and me mates dumped on me. Said they wasn't a pair. Wat da they know. Had another pair xactly the same at home.

garmin 305 forerunner (wrist GPS). Thought it had died but put it next to laptop fan and a few days later worked brilliantly.

Back