Tell us about your lifestyle (wages, job, age)

Hello

Hi everyone, first post, but I've been lurking for a while! :)

1. Age: mid thirties
2. Profession: IT
3. Salary/Wage: enough, for now...
4. Married/Single/Divorced: married, no kids yet
5. Year of 1st IP purchase + Total IPs you have:
PPOR bought 2 years ago, Northern Beaches, Sydney.
Planning 1st IP purchase within the next few months.

Current strategy is long-term buy & hold, try to purchase as many high growth properties in the Northern Beaches area as possible over the next 5 years. Will need to investigate Shares / LPTs / Cashbonds to improve serviceability after a year or two. Interested in techniques such as Capitalising Interest and Living On Equity. Planning to set up HDT structure for IP purchases. I've been reading through the forum threads here for a few weeks - it's a goldmine of useful investing information!

Cheers,

Shadow.

Thanks Jandnat, have sent you a PM...Thanks for sharing you story, and look forward to your contribution to the forum!
Cheers, NAdia

Wow! Jandnat, how on earth did you convince any bank or lending institution to give you a mortgage at such a young age, and on such a wage? I'd be really interested to know, because it seems to me that the single hardest thing about building a property portfolio for most people is getting the finance!!
Do tell.

1. Age
2. Job Profession (sales clerk, medical doctor, student, self-employed, unemployed)
3. Annual Salary/Wage from job (before tax)
4. Married/Single/Divorced? ... Any Kids?
5. Year of 1st IP purchase + Total IPs you have

1: 26/21
2: IT Professional(Infrastructure Support/Operations)/Early Childhood undergrad
3: 75K/0
4: Married/Married/0
5: 2006. Total of 1. It's only just become an IP..

(that is : Me/Partner)

1. 26 & 36
2. Government clerk & Retail manager
3. 55k & 49k
4. Would be married if this country would pull its head out of it's a*se and let "the gays" get hitched.:mad: No kids... yet
5. No PPOR or IP.... YET!
Busy taking a flamethrower to our $35,000 worth of credit cards and selling all the junk I've bought and don't need. I have seen the light and hope to be free of bad debt by 2008. Using the mean time to give myself a proper financial education.:D

1. 26 & 36
3. 55k & 49k
4. Would be married if this country would pull its head out of it's a*se and let "the gays" get hitched.:mad: No kids... yet
Busy taking a flamethrower to our $35,000 worth of credit cards and selling all the junk I've bought and don't need. I have seen the light and hope to be free of bad debt by 2008. Using the mean time to give myself a proper financial education.:D

Good on ya Rebecca and welcome.

BB

1. 26 & 36
3. 55k & 49k
Good on yer Rebecca....and you and your partner seem to have your heads screwed on right. You will make it with such a fine attitude and most excellent plan.

cgw - Chris

1. Age: Me 50, Partner 52
2. Employment: Me - Government Finance Officer Partner - Fish Monger
3. Salaries: Me $76K combined Govt Job, Army Pension and Army Reserve. Partner $45K.
4. Bought First IP end of 2006 and 2 more this year 2007 = 3.

I am a Baby Boomer and decided to diversify fm my Govt Pensions. Would not have done it without the help fm this forum.
Chris

Me

1. Age - 36 / wife 32
2. Job Profession - Director of a business unit of a global public finance co.
3. Annual Salary/Wage from job: Base 220 ish plus bonus's. Wife part time also.
4. Married/Single/Divorced? ... M - 3 kids
5. Year of 1st IP purchase + Total IPs you have.
2 ips' - started in 2002. Have exposure to resources stocks and a few other investments.

1. 31 /wife 33
2. Director of Corp/Finance/ Wife Supervisor, Credit Union
3. $97K/ wife $35K
4. Recently Married, no kids yet
5. Bought first IP in 2001, currently holding 5 IP's and looking for more

Investment strategy - property buy and hold mainly, revalue and invest into other IP's or shares. looking to buy reno rerent revalue (leapfrogging). Balance of neg and pos geared properties. Use shares and option writing strategies to generate additional income to support neg IP's and replace wages.

1. Age: 21
2. Job Profession: Studying but will be an accountant next year
3. Annual Salary/Wage from job: starting on $48k package in Jan
4. Married/Single/Divorced? Single
5. Year of 1st IP purchase + Total IPs you have: looking to buy first in Jan/Feb

This is fun... Lots of us young ones on here starting out :)

1. Age Me 21 / Fiance 23
2. Job Profession: Me: Paralegal/Student, graduate end 2008 / Fiance Network Systems Admin looking to switch careers to electrician after I graduate
3. Annual Salary: Me 20k (expect 50k in 2009) / Fiance 50k (expect 20k in 2009 as an apprentice)
4. Married etc: Engaged
5. Year of 1st IP Purchase: PPOR in 2006, first IP late 2007/early 2008

1. Me - 27. Wife - 28.
2. Both Engineers
3. Both 73k
4. Married. No Kids.
5. Bought our PPOR in 2004. Converting this to IP at the moment. Settle on first IP in 3 weeks.

1. Me 31, Partner 39
2. Maintenance fitter, Stay at home mum
3. $97k, $0
4. Girl 7, Boy 4
5. Bought PPOR in 97, bought IP in 07, hope to buy again soon.

1. Me, 29, Husband 29
2. Stay at home mum (registered nurse, casual), Emergency management
3. $0, $85K
4. Married - 4y.o, 20months
5.Bought PPOR 2001, now its IP1, 2 other IPs.

1. me 35
2. Elevator technician
3. me $63k (should be much much more!)
4. very happily attached, no kids
5. 1ppor (2001) and 3ips (2002 - ) looking for 4th.

I've noticed a lot of toy boys on this post, go us girls!

1. 22/gf 26 (another toyboy!)
2. Advertising account manager/primary school teacher
3. $100k combined
4. long-term girlfriend
5. 1 ppor (Apr 2007), looking for first IP now

Me

1. 36
2. IT/Admin
3. 67,000
4. Married/2 kids
5. 1st IP purchase was July 2003, 2 IP's......3rd IP end of year...early next year.

Back