Tell us about your lifestyle (wages, job, age)

seems like average income on Somersoft is very high! when reading it...almost like a competition on who earns the most :p

With that kind of income, borrowings wouldn't be a problem! It's not a reflection of average income earners in the country.

..and what does it say about cancer? Mmmmm.....food for thought there!

That cancer is a very serious disease, which the brightest minds (i.e. oncologists, medical researchers, pharmacists, etc..) spend millions of man hours and great cost trying to fight - and that more such people and financial resources are needed.

It doesnt say that it should be the subject of scams, and unproven, third hand stories of hope in order to sell DVDs to those who dont have the intelligence or inclination to think rationally - or to those who due to desperation or love have lost hope and are vunerable to such scams.

If somebody finds such emotive crap worthwhile to motivate them to invest more sucessfully, achieve more in sport, or in their careers - that is one thing - and arguably useful to those who benefit from this mindset - but to use this to give false hope to people (who may even give up on medically proven treatments) is (and I use understated, measured language here) negligent and disgraceful.

1. 27
2. Paralegal (Finish my law degree in 6 weeks so soon to be solictor)
3. $65k including bonuses
4. Divorced 3 Kids 10, 5, 3
5. May 2007, now have 4 (owned with my mum 60/40)

Me 30 Wife 27
Me Aircraft engineer Wife Pharmacey assistant
Me $95,000 Wife $35,000
No kids yet Married two years
PPOR bought 2001
1 IP bought 6 months ago

1. me - 46, wife - 36,
2. me - golf professional since '82 (teaching).
wife - theatre nurse since '90
3. me - none; currently Mr.Mom.
wife - US$90k.
4. son - 6, married 13 years.
5. PPoR, 1 block of land, 5 x I.P's

1. 22, wife 21
2. defence force, wife is stay at home mother at the moment
3. me $90,000 this yr, back to $60,000 next yr :( , wife none at the moment
4. daugther 4 months old
5. PPOR

OK, just got made permanent in my new role so I guess an update is in order... :eek:

1. me 37, wife about the same
2. director of an ASX300 manufacturing company
3. A little over $200K combined (wife is a stay at home mum on zero income ;) )
4. son, just over 2YO and a little terror
5. PPOR and a 3 unit development site and a bunch of shares

1. 22, wife 21
2. defence force, wife is stay at home mother at the moment
3. me $90,000 this yr, back to $60,000 next yr :( , wife none at the moment
4. daugther 4 months old
5. PPOR
The new Defence Force Homeloan scheme should be a bonus for you....good luck with your investments.:D

1. 22
2. Advertising sales manager
3. $105,000
4. Single (with gf), i live at home.
5. 4 IP totalling 840k, first ip in 2004 + (1 more exchanging shortly)

1. 27 , fiance 25
2. Me IT geek, Fiance Advertising and Marketing
3. Me £40,000, Fiance looking for work (just arrived in London)
4. DINKs,engaged *....not yet married
5. 2 IPs totalling 750K, first IP Dec 2005

* Might not be engaged very long after going home last nite in a very drunken messy state..... :rolleyes:

high salaries

Certainly seems 100 k is fairly regular these days - even for graduates - I thought doctors are only on 50-60 k first year out!! Maybe your working 80 hour weeks. For the record I think you should be earning good money. High stress job!

As for 22 year old advertising execs - nice gig.

I decided to read through the whole thread again to see how far people have come. I agree that those who are on lower incomes and have achieved so much are very inspirational.

1: 23 / 25
2: HR Consultant / Contracts Administrator
3: 40K / 55k
4: Married - about 5 weeks ago!
5: 2004 first purchase / 1 IP at the moment, but recently moved into our second IP temporarily whilst building PPOR.

Goal for 2008: Settled into new PPOR, and 2 IPs fully functioning again (and financed appropriately).

Thanks guys, It hasnt been all that easy, but its starting to pan out well. i was in real estate for 3 years (very tough gig).

yoou have to belive that you can do it and that your worth it, sometimes our sub concious minds feed us negativity.

anything is possible.

Back