Tell us about your lifestyle (wages, job, age)

Can't believe how many people who responded to this initially are no longer active on somersoft.
A lot of them espoused plans to buy more IPs on a regular basis.
I wonder if they are buying now in 2007?
Interesting how few current active members were responding back in 03.

Me?

Self Employed, but looking to become more "passive" income oriented.

Wife, 36k per year part time nurse

IPs - 2 x triplexes and 2 houses, but no PPOR at the moment.

Started in a half hearted fashion in 1989, at that time destined to be the typical Mum and Dad investor with 1 or 2 properties.
Had various projects thru the nineties, but sold each one. Oh how I wish I had kept them now. But i did not know how I could at the time.

Started to collect in a serious manner in 2001, at age 45. Now 50.

I must emphasise how stunned I am to read through this thread and fins how few of these members are still active?

Have they learnt all they need to know?????:)

1. Age 27
2. Student, Online Seller, Storeperson
3. Income is highly variable but in the grand scheme of things, not very much!
4. Defacto relationship
5. No IPs yet, planning to buy my first this year or early 2008

me n mum

1. 27; older than me
2. self employed; teacher
3. varies; more than me
4. boyfried, no kids; single, one kid (me!)
5. First IP (hers) 2001, Second IP (mine) 2003, 3rd IP (ours) 2005. Each bought as PPOR, reno'd while we lived there, then turned into IP. Hoping that we've now finally reached that critical point where we have enough equity that things can start to happen more quickly.

Last edited:
My turn
1. both 43
2.ATC, wife:clerical
3. combined gross $180K
4. 1 son at uni
5. PPOR in 94 in Cairns. Mainly dabbled in shares and managed funds but hopefully first I.P. this year.

1.Ages, me 46, Rob 42
2.Job, me factory worker, Rob manages our IP's
3. Wages, me $28K, Rob $0. Net rental income $102K year
4.Married. We have 4 kids,22,18,17,15
5.4 IP's with a total of 14 units,in process of purchasing another property to renovate into 12 units.

1. Both the wife and I are 36.
2. Drilling Engineer and stay at home mother.
3. 50K pcm.
4. Happily married with 3 beautiful daughters 10, 8 and 6.
5. Started 12 years ago with our first IP. We now oversee 5 houses, 1 gym and 4 factories.

Enjoying life, but a holiday is well overdue.

I must emphasise how stunned I am to read through this thread and fins how few of these members are still active?

Have they learnt all they need to know?????:)

Maybe they are busy out there doing it!!

I certainly play a far less role now than previously and it's for 2 reasons. Firstly I am very busy with my role as director of a franchise chain and Somersoft can absord very large amounts of my time. Secondly, because there is an idiot in every crowd and some people wanted to place my credibility in question, therefore I made the decision that building my company was the most important thing to me. I now help others to achieve greater things in their lives by other means. I do believe some people who had a lot to offer also left for similar reasons.

In a format such as this, the thing that makes it so great can also be it's greatest weakness. This being a large, varied and diverse range of opinions.

1. 42 and the beautiful Adele is almost 45
2. Franchisor of the Go Gecko group
3. 150k plus??? distributed thru Cos & trusts
4. Married to an angel, 2 boys 14 & 12
5. No IP's atm, looking at new opportunities now

This year will be huge for us, Bring on 2007.

1. Me: 27; wife: 27
2. Me: IT Architect, Wife: Dental Assistant
3. To be considerably broad, combined we have a 6 figure salary, but rental income makes up about 15% of our total income. :)
4. Married, no kids (yet!)
5. Bought first IP (cbd apartment) in 2003 and built PPOR in 2006. Looking at purchasing at least one IP each year from now until 2017. :)

-- MJ.

Hi all

1. me 44 hubby 46
2. hubby own air con firm, me previosly senior bookkeeper- now since may 06 full time buy,reno,sell
3. changes approx 70k together (through hubbies firm) - my new occupation still to determine
4. married 3 kids 12 & 5
5. 1 x PPOR (fully owned) 1 x IP, 1 reno'd and sold, 1 reno just finished (today) on the market, 1 reno rented and on hold to may 07, settled on project 4 on the 20/12, project 5 settles 31/1.

Celeste

1. age 39.
2. Grain Grower.
3. Bad year, 300 grand loss. Good year, 500 grand profit. Could be anywhere in between.
4. Married, 3 kids.
5. I owned two resi properties, but sold and piled into shares when shares were very unloved and cheap in 2003. Almost time to switch back again.

See ya's.

1. Me 40, Tania 38
2. Me Govt employee, Tania taking a break (own business, Hair & Body Salon)
3. Me 54K :(
4. Married, 3 sproggs, B11, B9, G7
5. 1x PPOR, 9x IP's, (4x vacant land though), started in 2000

BF

1. Age
2. Job Profession (sales clerk, medical doctor, student, self-employed, unemployed)
3. Annual Salary/Wage from job (before tax)
4. Married/Single/Divorced? ... Any Kids?
5. Year of 1st IP purchase + Total IPs you have

1. Me: just about to turn 41 (yikes!)/ Hubbie: about to turn 35 :)
2. Stay at Home Mum/Writer (Exec Assistant in previous life) / Hubbie works in IT
3. We do okay (but you can always do better!!)
4. Married in 2000 / we have a beautiful little girl born 2004
5. First purchase was a block of land in 2001 (helped us pay down our PPOR)

1. Age
2. Job Profession (sales clerk, medical doctor, student, self-employed, unemployed)
3. Annual Salary/Wage from job (before tax)
4. Married/Single/Divorced? ... Any Kids?
5. Year of 1st IP purchase + Total IPs you have

1. Me: 39. Hubbie: about to turn 36
2. Me- Jewellery Party Plan business, and Hubby credit manager for a Record Company.
3. Me- $40K passive Income from Jewellery, $50K sales Profit from Jewellery working 3 days a week , Husband On 70K
4. Married 2 children 9yrs and 5 yrs.
5. Total of 5 Ips and 2 blocks of Land for future IPs. Year of First purchase was 2000.

1. 28, GF is 28 as well.
2. Me - Commercial Manager in a large ASX company. Her - Manager in a consultanting firm.
3. Me - 130K, Her - 100K.
4. Not married.
5. She has 1 IP, I'm currently shopping for my first. Yeah - we're behind the 8 ball with properties but we've both been studying full time & working full time to get our careers set up and on track!

1. Me: 28. Fiance': 26
2. Me- Finance Analyst, and Fiance' IT/Desktop Support Officer.
3. Me- $58k, Fiance - $40k
4. Engaged, no kids.
5. I have 2 IP's and share 1 PROP with my Fiance.

Back