Telstra Bigpond usage meter problem

For the last couple of months, Telstra bigpond has been rolling the prior month's usage into the 'unrated' usage. There's a huge block of unrated usage that just rolls day by day, like 90GBs.

It doesn't affect my internet speed so I just ignored it. Last couple of days, even my current usage is being rolled into the unrated usage. i.e. it shows my actual usage is zero for the last couple of days, but the unrated usage is increasing.

I can't get through to the Bigpond helpdesk. Anyone know what the problem is? I'm thinking if Telstra can't assess how much I've used, maybe I can just use as much as I want?
Alex

Be very careful with Telstra accounts; they've been known to send out $15,000 bills for over-using your quota.

Someone I know personally took 18 months fighting them over his 5-figure bill and they finally retracted it. Although I'm not sure what the exact circumstances were.

Be very careful with Telstra accounts; they've been known to send out $15,000 bills for over-using your quota.

My account will just slow after I hit the monthly limit (I've gone over before). It would just be annoying if I passed the limiit and my speed got slowed!

I have been on the 12Gb telstra cable plan for over 8 years but am now about to change to TPG (naked DSL) as its cheaper and has faster speeds than telstra cable.

Every month I exceed my download limit (torrents) and then the speed is "shaped" to ridiculously slow 64k speed which make surfing the net tediously painful and virtually unusable

Back