Tenant in denial?

Has anyone ever heard of the landlord giving back to the tenant?
Yes I have several times one guy that i meet up with once a month for a talk and a beer had a real problem with a group of people in one of his inner city rentals,they had not paided rent for 12 weeks,and it looked like nothing would shift them,he also likes to drink on the wild side of life at a outlaw motorcycle clubhouse bar in an industrial estate on the southside of Brisbane,from what he told me there is a person there called the 'DOCTOR' and for a small upfront-fee less gst:rolleyes: he will make a inhouse visit and fix the problem within 24 hours,and from what he told me they all left the property by the next morning,and the missing rent was paided in cash.
..willair..

Has anyone ever heard of the landlord giving back to the tenant?

after the tenants left i've binned all the envelopes coming in with the names of service companies on them ... guess they'll get a shock when their credit rating is affected and they're being chased by the phone, gas and bank people.

Last edited:
after the tenants left i've binned all the envelopes coming in with the names of service companies on them ... guess they'll get a shock when their credit rating is affected and their being chased by the phone, gas and bank people.

We have even called these phone, electric etc companies and forwarded them their new addresses. Just so they CAN chase them.

Tenant in Denial.....

De Mile
De Murray
De Yarra

Dont really care which river the bad ones throw themselves in.

We also call::
The furniture rental company to collect their furniture before the evictions, there is only 1 in 100s km so the tenant sits on the floor for a long time after.
All other area landlords, particularly the one to which they intended to move, small town we all know each other.
and place liens on the property register, so they never get new credit, surprising how often renters want to buy a flatscreen tv or new car on credit. They even call to demand we clear their history.

Yes I have several times one guy that i meet up with once a month for a talk and a beer had a real problem with a group of people in one of his inner city rentals,they had not paided rent for 12 weeks,and it looked like nothing would shift them,he also likes to drink on the wild side of life at a outlaw motorcycle clubhouse bar in an industrial estate on the southside of Brisbane,from what he told me there is a person there called the 'DOCTOR' and for a small upfront-fee less gst:rolleyes: he will make a inhouse visit and fix the problem within 24 hours,and from what he told me they all left the property by the next morning,and the missing rent was paided in cash.
..willair..

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

I was referring to more gentler revenge.
I know of a landlord, when required to pack up the belongings of a tenant, who also put the full ashtrays/open cans of drinks in with their bag of clothes.
hehe.

But I didn't have any remnants from the dirty videos when I had to evict my tenant.

so the stuff was actually good enough condition for them to notice ? but they lived like pigs (who leaves numerous open cans of drinks et around the house like that for that long unless they got evicted after a party)

so the stuff was actually good enough condition for them to notice ? but they lived like pigs (who leaves numerous open cans of drinks et around the house like that for that long unless they got evicted after a party)

You would be surprised at the things that tenants leave behind.:eek:

Brenda...just read this entire thread. How heart-breaking for you. I just can't imagine how aweful it would be to find a tenant who had trashed my place.

You all make me realise just how fortunate I have been in that I've never had an IP trashed. I've had a few that were dirty with things broken, but never this level of filth. Makes me sick to my stomach. Tis so unfair, when LL's put in so much time and effort to provide decent clean accomm for tenants, and then it goes so unappreciated. And the tribunals aid and abet these criminals who are in effect, stealing from the LL.

The tribunals HAVE to change their tune at some stage...this just can't continue.:(

Every day I get fleas and I spray the floors with flea spray.
The flea spray must do something as the other morning I was greeted with half a dozen of dead as doornails cockroaches.
If the flea spray kills cockies then maybe I should get cockroach spray to get rid of the fleas?

The tenant showed up yesterday and collected the mail from the mailbox.
We were given an apology for the mess of the house but the reason proffered was that the pm didn't given the chance to clean the house as they only had 2 hours to leave.
Obviously mail of some types do not get read like notice to remedy, eviction notices, court orders to evict etc. :D

You would be surprised at the things that tenants leave behind.:eek:

Not surprised at all, I read this whoel thread.. What I was alluding to, was packing ashtrays with the clothes of these types of tenants as punishment to them not working.. most likely their belongings were in a similar state of disgustingness and when they received them back with spilled drinks & cigarette & joint ash all over them, they probably thought everything was pretty much normal

This tenant was disgusting. About the same as Brenda's tenant here. We had to pack up her belongings...and the kids. Urine everywhere. Cat feces everywhere.
Moldy food in the fridge.The smell was atrocious.We ended up having her wages garnished.
She rented the place under an alias.After her, we started scanning ID of new tenants.
They also had a mini drug lab and stolen goods in the back room.

The hyde of it, yesterday the tenant visited the ip and called me out from renovating to enquire if the postie had been yet as she was expecting important documents in the mail and they had been posted on Monday.
Why on earth she doesn't use her new address 3 doors up I don't know.

Can I WD40 the nuts under the mailbox and remove it for a while? :D

Do what any good caring landlord should do, notify the post office that the tenant has vacated and all mail for that person should be returned to sender

Back