Tenant wants a credit for two baths full of water??

We have a "princess" tenant and I thought I would share this latest funny episode. I don't know if she realises how much we rolled about laughing at this, but it did provide some good chuckles this morning.....

Story...... She calls to say there is some type of leak under the house and could we please check it. Hubby pops over (few streets away from us) and realises the laundry waste has overflowed and it seems we need an eel.

Plumber puts the eel through, finds toys and mugs from previous tenants' "charming three little boys". Plumber tells tenant what was blocking the pipe and says he has run a "couple of baths full of water" to ensure it is clear.

Tenant calls to say that plumber has indeed been, but when her next water account is issued, she would like us to note that she would like two baths full of water to be taken off her usage :D:eek:.

We plan on doing just that. Plumber said it was the equivalent of probably two times one third full bath so we will quote him and hopefully she sees how petty this is.

Can't wait for what comes next......

Snortle snortle!!

( I just made that up. I wrote snort!) but the system said it was too short to post!)

Do post what the deduction ends up being. :D

To clarify, the toys weren't from her kids, but the previous tenants kids, correct?

I can't see the hilarity here. Maybe I'm missing something.:confused:

To clarify, the toys weren't from her kids, but the previous tenants kids, correct?

I can't see the hilarity here. Maybe I'm missing something.:confused:

What's funny is that water costs, I dunno, but it is cents per kilolitre.
The plumber probably wasted 3.4c worth ;)

Dale Kerrigan would tell 'em they're dreamin' :p

I would say, Evian is a type of water......tell em' they're EVIAN spelt backwards :rolleyes:

What's funny is that water costs, I dunno, but it is cents per kilolitre.
The plumber probably wasted 3.4c worth ;)

And the tenant has wasted her time at $x/hr seeking the refund not to mention the cost of the phone call, which would probably be more than the cost of the water itself.
Small thinkers focus on small amounts of money and "what's in it for me". That's why she's the complaining tenant and Wylie is the humerous landlord.

I had to look at my water bill.

Water is charged at $1.87 per KL (1 kilolitre is 1000 litres).

So a bath would hold (at a guess 50 litres) So at most we're talking 100 litres. Yep send her the 18.7 cents.

i'd write her a cheque for "nineteen cents only" and send it by registered post, knowing she won't be home and will have to travel to the post office and line up to pick it up, then to the bank and in the line to bank it, and then wait 5 days for it to clear.

gez that'd be fun.

i'd write her a cheque for "nineteen cents only" and send it by registered post, knowing she won't be home and will have to travel to the post office and line up to pick it up, then to the bank and in the line to bank it, and then wait 5 days for it to clear.

gez that'd be fun.

Oh my goodness.... that is tempting :D.

gez that'd be fun.

Ha ha!! That's funny!

LMAO. I assume that, like dan c, the tenant was simply unaware just how cheap water is. But it'd still be fun to take BC's suggestion and send her a cheque via registered post, just for the laugh it'd give us all. :D

Accoding to a quick google search the average bath in Aust holds 100-200 litres. Do a search and print that out so the tenant knows you're not ripping her off and pay her in good faith, the total water cost for 400 litres. :cool:

gez that'd be fun.

Oh and don't forget to politely ask for a receipt, it will after all, be tax deductible.

Cheers,
Beef

Tenant calls to say that plumber has indeed been, but when her next water account is issued, she would like us to note that she would like two baths full of water to be taken off her usage :D:eek:.

We plan on doing just that. Plumber said it was the equivalent of probably two times one third full bath so we will quote him and hopefully she sees how petty this is.

Hi Wylie, just wondering. Is this serious or are you taking the p.ss?

Back