Tenants just moved in sent us a breach notice!

Thanks TSS for the links, it's of great help.
Leads to another problem though, tenants not paying rent and they told PM they've been advised not to pay rent. Anyways, PM 's chasing up. It's on its 10th day now. Notice of vacate can be sent after the 14th day. Let's see what happen...

We had a tenant say he was advised by his lawyer friend to not pay rent too. This was at our Residential Tenancy Hearing yesterday (Canada).
He was informed you can't not pay your rent.

He is moving out today and has agreed to a mediated payment schedule.
Perfect...as it cannot be appealed.

good luck olive. advised not to pay rent!!

badly advised. hope your pm is dealing with this promptly and it will be resolved soon.
regards.

Olive,

your PM looks like they are suffering from "ä little knowledge is dangerous" syndrome.

any offer can be withdrawn before it is accepted I would think.

Since they have not notified you of their acceptance of the rent free offer I would withdraw the offer and I would be hoping they do not pay their rent for another few days so you can start to get them out.

Both the tenants and the PM appear to be trouble for you. I would want them out and when that happens I would get rid of the PM asap.

good luck.

cheers

RightValue

Tenants finally pay rent!! Not sure if that's a good news or not but one thing for sure though is that at least PM is doing her job chasing that up.

Back