Tennant issue how to kick out

Ok,

My friend rents and has got a flat mate to help out with rent, it is not working out and she wants her out ASAP. This new flat mate is not on the lease or does the realestate know about this new flat mate.... what time dose she need to give her or can she just put all her stuff out side and change the locks??

The flat mate has only been there like 2 weeks.

Oh and we are in QLD.

Cheers,

1. Hope the property manager doesn't find out and cause problems for your friend. Your friend is most likely in breach of her lease.
2. Ask her nicely to find new accommodation, request a reasonable time frame.
3. Wait patiently.

It is best to have a no obligation trial period with share houses.

Then if someone does not work out it is easy to clear up the mess....

Make it clear the first month is like probation....and either party can terminate with 7 days notice (or less if arranged)

Plenty of people are fine & fun but are not good to live with at all.....

Ok,

My friend rents and has got a flat mate to help out with rent, it is not working out and she wants her out ASAP. This new flat mate is not on the lease or does the realestate know about this new flat mate.... what time dose she need to give her or can she just put all her stuff out side and change the locks??

Oh and we are in QLD.

Cheers,

There is nothing in the RTA act that is applicable to this situation. Your friend can do whatever she likes with the roomate's things, but be warned that the room mate could sue her privately. To be safe, I would give 2 week's notice and hope the room mate doesn't stay past that time frame.

Ok,

Oh and we are in QLD.

Cheers,

There are no rules but there is ethics :)

Did they discuss a trial? or how to resolve problems?

If it's really not working for her I would:
a. tell flatmate that she didn't realise she couldn't have someone else on the lease and the flatmate has to move out before she gets in trouble
b. admit that it's just not working for her and ask the tenant to find a new place as soon as possible. Offer an incentive to not drag it out - perhaps a week of no rent if they leave within 2 weeks.

Back