Tennant lost handle winder on window

We got a call from our PM, saying the tennant in our 6th floor apartment was unwinding the window when the handle fell off and fell outside the window and is now lost. and they want a new one? And they want it fast as they cant close the window. Guess I should be able to buy one from bunnings and fit it myself? Or maybe get them to pay for it, or i'll price one and discount their rent for the amount.
She's young asian student in there, and sounds like shes not confident with handles.
Maybe we should put the place on the market, its obviously falling apart.. ;)

Be thankful it didnt hit someone on the head after falling 6 floors! Its likely the handle was broken in order to fall off. Maybe I'm a soft landlord but I'd replace it without a second thought.

AntC said:
We got a call from our PM, saying the tennant in our 6th floor apartment was unwinding the window when the handle fell off and fell outside the window and is now lost. and they want a new one? And they want it fast as they cant close the window. Guess I should be able to buy one from bunnings and fit it myself? Or maybe get them to pay for it, or i'll price one and discount their rent for the amount.
She's young asian student in there, and sounds like shes not confident with handles.

Yes, replace it ASAP, be a good landlord and don't be such a tight arse.

Who cares if the tenant is an Asian student? What does this have to do with anything? I've got a middle aged white male tenants who doesn't know how to change a light bulb. Maybe he's not confident with changing light bulbs?

I also think this post is a troll.

You could always try to get the tenant to pay - she lost lost it...

I wouldnt expect a landlord to replace it if I dropped it out the window.

Any one know a shop in Melb that carrys spare parts for windows?

I have rung around ten different places, all the major hardware stores. They only sell the whole thing not just the handle. Any one know a shop in Melb that carrys spare parts for windows?
Cheers,
Ant.

Back