terminating agent agreement and avoiding reletting fee

Hi
I have a managing agreement with a PM however I have to chase and follow up for every thing which defies the whole purpose of letting an agent manage my house.
I need to give 3 months notice as per the exclusive agreement.
the lessee lease had expired and they are on holdover.
I do not want to pay another letting fee to this current agent.
can I leave the tenant on hold over until the two months notice is up to avoid this?
and can an agent sign a lease agreement between landlord and tenant ? I have never given authority to do this.
please let me know
thanks

If it's just a lease reneewal they don't make any money on that normally.

What does your agreement say?
Or just let them go month to month.

I need to give 3 months notice as per the exclusive agreement.
Most of them will be quite happy to let you go early if they don't have plans to sell the agency within the 3 months (or other particular concerns). Have you asked?
tang said:
the lessee lease had expired and they are on holdover.
I do not want to pay another letting fee to this current agent.
can I leave the tenant on hold over until the two months notice is up to avoid this?
I think you mean they're on a month-to-month tenancy, right? Well, that's an agreement between you and the tenant, irrespective of the property management. You can take that tenancy agreement with you. (In fact, you have to, to honour the terms of the month-to-month lease.)

As they've gone to month-to-month, there's no "letting fee" or "renewal" applicable to either this agency or the new one - they're on a month-to-month now, and you can't easily get them back onto a fixed-term agreement.
tang said:
and can an agent sign a lease agreement between landlord and tenant ? I have never given authority to do this.
Have you checked the agency appointment agreement? Typically it does give them authority to do precisely this.

Here's how to proceed:

1) Find a new PM willing to take over management of existing lease.
2) Notify old PM, ask when they'd be willing to hand over management. (May well be earlier than 90 days.)
3) Get new PM to arrange handing over of condition report and other paperwork etc.

Back