Terry Ryder: Frankston to Outperform Inner Melbourne

According to the respected property guru Terry Ryder, Frankston is a safer bet for price outperformance than inner Melbourne - and that includes prestigious areas like Brighton and Toorak. He says that Frankston has shown consistent growth over time and has not had the stops and starts of other suburbs.

http://frankston-leader.whereilive.com.au/real-estate/story/frankston-homes-ideal-investment/

Ryder has been bullish about Frankston and Seaford for the past year and remains so. I wonder if he owns property locally.

I agree with what the article states. However a few points on the article.

1) It's appears in Frankston Leader. How unbias is the local paper?
2) Real Estate agents seem to be local. How unbias are they?
3) Terry Ryder has been singing the praises of Frankston for years (at least the last 3 years, maybe more).

If Terry Ryder said Frankston was over price, then that would be news worthy.

On a slightly similar topic, lets buy a few houses in another suburb then put articles in the paper about how great it is and how well it'll perform. Anyone else in? ;)

Herald Sun, Sat 12, real estate section, published a table of how many
years for your suburb to double in value.

Shortest:- South Yarra @ 3.5 yrs
Longest:- Epping, Mill Park, Prahran @ 9.0 yrs

Frankston along with Cheltenham, Coburg, Doncaster, Kensington, Mulgrave,
Nunawading, Vermont @ 7.0 years

Out of the affordable/investor suburbs Frankston was the best performer.

SS

I love Frankston and should double my money in 2 years having purchased 3 bed/4th external for $245,000 3 years ago (Central location). I also love the knockers heeheh

:D

I love Frankston and should double my money in 2 years having purchased 3 bed/4th external for $245,000 3 years ago (Central location). I also love the knockers heeheh :D

You got yourself a good deal there. Can you plse post some pics so we can take a look & compare? The proof is in the pudding & you've made money; they knockers haven't.

Frankston Bandwagon

Hi all,

I have just jumped on the Frankston Bandwagon, bought an IP in the Karingal area, in one of those estates off Karingal Drive for $350K, very rentable prop with sizeable block of land, apparently not subdivible yet, may be in a few years time. Look forward to hear your thoughts!

Thanks in advance,

PNS

Hi all,

I have just jumped on the Frankston Bandwagon, bought an IP in the Karingal area, in one of those estates off Karingal Drive for $350K, very rentable prop with sizeable block of land, apparently not subdivible yet, may be in a few years time. Look forward to hear your thoughts!

Thanks in advance,

PNS

Welcome to the Club! With the Frankston median at $360,500 I think its still possible to find dual occ sites for around that price or even below if one chooses to look hard enough.

I think the future of Frankston will be in subdividing older style homes and replacing the older weatherboard ones on larger blocks with two newbies.
In some instances it's possible to retain an older house and build a new one at the back. Let's hope you are allowed to do that someday.

Merconian,

My pics from 3 yrs ago are not electronic however the location is Swift Street and I have no need to bull*hit in this forum; I am a big supporter of Frankston.

Back