Terry Ryder's 5 top hot spots in regional Queensland

So as Michael X said...RY is cash flow and set as of today, should it have GC that's just a bonus....however you really do need to add at least 1-2 good CG property to your portfilio so that you have the ability to keep on growing financially ( Ie equity/ deposit).

Agree. The extra $50 cashflow positive per week won't make you rich, just allows you to hold it. The capital growth will.

Balance is key.

This video is from Robert Kiyosaki on Good Debt vs Bad Debt but he touches on CF vs CG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQJAL1PFL8k

Essentially he says CG is speculation. No one can tell you when a place will go/down or by how much.

Go for CF first, so you can hold the properties and then the CG will be gravy on top.

I like this Michael, thanks for sharing. Personally I generally believe in a market correlation theory.

If Campbelltown appreciates 30% in value, its likely that Bankstown and Liverpool will have similar gains. So at the end of the day, I don't bother being precise about where the property purchase actually is, but rather want something in a broader sized market that will correlate with markets nearby.

Personally I do seek c/f properties, so I need to trade-off somewhere, as i'll be on the sidelines too often if i'm always waiting for the perfect combination deal - broadening my market reach with this approach helps.

Apply reasonable guestimating of where markets are at, and then buy there. I call it guestimating, because like Robert, I don't believe that people can predict what will happen to a particular area with as much certainty as they think.

When assessing regionals, information mismatches may mean the guestimating is a little more difficult than the capitals.

Cheers,
Redom

Back