Thank You, Somersoft, for another very interesting Year

Dear Somersoft Forum

Just a note to say 'thank you' for another very interesting Forum and Property Investing Year.

Earlier in the year I was just starting to get back into the swing of things, eyeing off boxes of paperwork, collecting the tools, and looking forward to a busy year of getting my books up to date, finishing off a reno, and perhaps working on the plans for the new house.

The Forum is part of my day and I enjoy reading the posts even though I don't post myself quite as much as previously - time to let other people have a say, I was beginning to sound like a cracked record (remember them?).

And then whammo, I found myself with another property (urk) and all of a sudden my amble became a bit quicker and suddenly I am back in marathon running mode again.

The books still haven't been done and the reno (I blush) still not yet finished. But 2010 has been a God-send to me and the Somersoft forums and the Somersoft friends I see at the Melbourne meetings have certainly been part of my blessings.

So thank you to Jan and Ian for continuing to provide this amazing resource, free and free of advertising, for anyone interested in finding out more about property investing.

This site must be unique in that it is freely given, very well moderated and has continued to thrive without promotions for seminars, get-rich-quick schemes and other customer harvesting procedures (although I must admit I have and enjoy all of Jan's books).

Thank you to the Moderators who give so freely of their time to make sure that this site is a safe place to be, who ensure that apart from the (at times) cut and thrust of spirited debate that abuse of other members is not tolerated and that there is no such thing as a silly question.

Thank you to Sim and others for the IT work and maintenance of the site - it is always a bit of a shock if the site is down for maintenance. What! No Somersoft!!

Thank you to the lurkers and posters, some of whom lurk for years before registering and some who never or rarely post, you are all part of the Community.

and Thank you to the Old Hands, Geoff and others, who despite being uber busy and totally committed to their day jobs and secret lives as ordinary people, continue to contribute to the Forum year after year.

This year, as with every year, we have seen our share of 'new' members who disagree with everything and seem determined to spread discontent in the ranks.

This year, as with every year, they all seem to have faded away while we remain, month after month, helping each other, encouraging each other, sharing the endless and uncountable wealth of this world with each other

Abraham Lincoln said:

Labour was prior to Capital but Property is the fruit of labour.

That some should be rich shows that others may become rich, and hence is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.

Let not he who is houseless pull down the house of another, but rather, let him work diligently and build one for himself, thus by example ensuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built

Sad though this may sound, I have this quote framed and in our dining room, where we can all see it every day.

This Forum is for those who have or who would have 'houses', and for us to encourage other people to work diligently and build for themselves, too.

Building our individual wealth is building Australia. I believe it is our patriotic duty to be as wealthy as possible - to create employment, to build houses of honesty and beauty, to respect our tenants and to value the role which we, as landlords, have in society.

So to that end I value this Somersoft Forum. I believe, over the years, it as been directly responsible for the growth in wealth amongst many of its members and for the encouragement we then go on to give each other and to the wider population.

Many thanks, Jan and Ian, many thanks to all concerned and

Best Wishes to each and every Member and participant on what I think would have to be a World Class Forum and a great Forum Community.

A Happy Christmas to you all and a safe, healthy and very wealthy New Year 2010.

Lotsa love
Kristine

Hi Kristine,

Firstly, what are you doing up so late at night?? :eek:

Secondly,

The Forum is part of my day and I enjoy reading the posts even though I don't post myself quite as much as previously

OK, likewise...

So thank you to Jan and Ian for continuing to provide this amazing resource, free and free of advertising, for anyone interested in finding out more about property investing.

Yeah, I may agree with that point, but....

Thank you to the Moderators who give so freely of their time to make sure that this site is a safe place to be, who ensure that apart from the (at times) cut and thrust of spirited debate that abuse of other members is not tolerated and that there is no such thing as a silly question.

Yeah they do OK :eek: not that I would have any disagreements (hi Sim).

This year, as with every year, they all seem to have faded away while we remain, month after month,

Yeah, sure speak for yourself kristine ;)

B
est Wishes to each and every Member and participant on what I think would have to be a World Class Forum and a great Forum Community.

I really wish I could pick a fight and disagree with you, but you just make too much sense, I agree.

bye

PS merry christmas :D

Yes it's an amazing forum. Don't see too many like this without advertising.

Thank you members, mods, Ian and Jan.

Yes, well said and encouragement to those contemplating, just starting out, best wishes for the journey, and those up and running and doing, hope it's lots of fun.

Well said Kristine.

This forum in a fantastic community of people contributing their and providing valuable feedback.

Thanks for Jan & Ian Somersoft for funding it, to the moderator who keep it clean, and to all who contribute their time & knowledge. :)

Cheers,

Back