Thank you!

This is my first post and I'm not sure if I should start a new thread, but I couldn't find an existing thread to put this in.

I have been stalking this forum since 2009. Thought it's time I thanked you for all the inspiration and ideas and also share my journey so far.

Here's my IP travel log.

Jul 2007 - PPOR Hornsby unit - purchased at $316K
Dec 2010 - Mt Druitt unit IP - purchased at $230K - lovely tenants
Apr 2014 - changed PPOR to Hornsby house - purchased at $995K (using equity); converted previous PPOR to IP

Current status:-
41 years young
2 IPs + PPOR
Aim to use equity to buy 2-3 IPs in the next 5 years
Then extract equity every year to invest in Vanguard ETFs, Managed funds
Assuming a growth rate of 5% per annum, I forecast a $6.2m loan and a $9.8m total asset value by 2030

Cheers

This is my first post and I'm not sure if I should start a new thread, but I couldn't find an existing thread to put this in.

I have been stalking this forum since 2009. Thought it's time I thanked you for all the inspiration and ideas and also share my journey so far.

Here's my IP travel log.

Jul 2007 - PPOR Hornsby unit - purchased at $316K
Dec 2010 - Mt Druitt unit IP - purchased at $230K - lovely tenants
Apr 2014 - changed PPOR to Hornsby house - purchased at $995K (using equity); converted previous PPOR to IP

Current status:-
41 years young
2 IPs + PPOR
Aim to use equity to buy 2-3 IPs in the next 5 years
Then extract equity every year to invest in Vanguard ETFs, Managed funds
Assuming a growth rate of 5% per annum, I forecast a $6.2m loan and a $9.8m total asset value by 2030

Cheers

good on you for taking the leap and posting. I think there are a lot of people that read and take advantage of the great info here, without posting.

You seem to be in a good position.

Just curious- What is your standing at the moment (LVR, portfolio value)
How did you arrive at Your forecast? Difficult to say if it is ambitious or not without comparing it to where you are now. Does that take into account the new buys?

good on you for taking the leap and posting. I think there are a lot of people that read and take advantage of the great info here, without posting.

You seem to be in a good position.

Just curious- What is your standing at the moment (LVR, portfolio value)
How did you arrive at Your forecast? Difficult to say if it is ambitious or not without comparing it to where you are now. Does that take into account the new buys?

Loan = $240K + $220K + $1040K = $1.5m
Current Portfolio value = $600K + $350K + $1050K = $2m
LVR = 75%

Forecast was done in excel. (See attached image) Yes, it does take into account the new IP/shares purchased. Property value is assumed to increase 5% p.a. I buy $750K worth IP in 2018 and 2021. Also assume share value growth of 5% p.a. 2022 onwards.

Attachments

• Forecast to 2030.jpg
    Forecast to 2030.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 89
Back