Thanks lizzie.....

You know it amazes me sometimes what a wonderful resource Somersoft is. :) I just thought I’d take this opportunity to thank lizzie for this post she made back in 2007.

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=309021&postcount=16

As some of you might remember we lost our son a few months after lizzie posted this link. At the time I thought….what a cool idea and when you lose someone very close it’s not always an easy decision on what type of memorial you should have.

Anyway, 14 months after a totally selfish decision was made and some of his ashes were sent to the US….my diamond has returned. Certainly not flawless, but then my son wasn’t either. I have no idea about diamonds or their grading’s but this is what came with it.

Weight: .47 Ct
Shape: Princess
Dimension 4.13 - 4.24 by 3.11 mm
Color: Colorless
Clarity: VS2
Table: 68.1%
Girdle: Thick
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good

Unfortunately photos don’t do it justice…..…I’m going to get it made into a ring.

Diamond_007.jpg

So thanks again lizzie, it certainly doesn’t take away the grief, but its something I will always have close to me.

http://www.lifegemaustralia.com.au/the_process.html

Ruby :)

Oh my Ruby, how wonderful. I am not sure whether I would make it into a ring where I could always gaze on it, or into a brooch or pendant where it would always be close to my heart. Sob.

Ruby, I don't know if I am just a sook but your post has made me cry. I have often wondered how you are getting along, but feel unsure about asking. Some people would rather that a stranger not pry, and I don't know you, but I have often thought of you, particularly when my sons do things that annoy me. I often think that anybody who has lost a child would give anything to be annoyed by them once again. I cannot imagine how I would cope with it and simply the thought is enough to stop me short in whatever I am doing.

I think what you have made from his ashes is so amazing and precious. I would also wear it close and feel like he was with me. I don't know if that would comfort me or upset me, but I think it is something I would do, but hope I never have to.

All the best Ruby.

Oh I didn’t want anyone to get upset……….I was just really happy with how it has turned out and wanted to share. I would never have known about it if lizzie hadn’t of posted.

It’s pretty cool and in a small way brings some comfort, if you know what I mean…..

Amazing what they can do these days and to think I initially wanted to scatter his ashes. Would have been a massive wrong decision……

Ruby :)

WOW
I never knew you could have this done. Its very special. I am sure it will shine brilliantly for you Ruby.
When l lost a special family member l bought a ring with some money they left me so l always had a momento of our time together. Its very precious to me.
Smiles to You Ruby
yadreamin

I have a ring my dearly loved Grandmother left me; it was actually the only possession she had. It is a beautiful ring and I never take it off.

Back