Thanks Rolf Latham (ASAP Financial Services).

I would like to extend, publicly, my many thanks to Rolf Latham and Sarah Arnold of ASAP Financial Services.

Service was consistently fantastic. Rolf is both a fine person and excellent mortgage broker. Sarah was great too.

As a result, I'm settling in a couple of weeks on my first IP (second property -- have PPOR).

Highly recommended.

Thanks again guys. :)

Did you try filling in the information you did know and / or were comfortable with providing? Did you then try discussing with the MB the remainder?

I'm more than happy to fill in such information to a well referred and trusted broker. If he has all the pieces, he can put the puzzle together if needed and give me advice. If he's asking the right questions he can give you advice that you wouldnt have gotten if you went direct to a bank.

On the flipside, if something fraudulent were to happen or the bank stuffs something completely up, then its evidence of the information you provided, shifting blame away from yourself.

Think about if you were signing up for a new phone service:
Telstra: "How many calls do you make?"
You: "Around $50 per month"
Telstra: "Do you call any mobiles at night time?"
You: "Sorry I dont want to answer that, its a bit personal"
Telstra: "So I'll put you on a basic plan then, it has cheap calls during the day, expensive calls to mobile at nite so you won't be able to call your mistress anymore"

Wow! Something sure happened overnight & I missed all the fun.

FWIW, Mr 1234, I think it shows poor taste to act in such a manner on a public forum. You asked for assistance, you were given the forms to fill in for that assistance to be done. You don't agree! Fine, go elsewhere. That's your prerogative.

It's a completely different matter if you engaged a professional & they didn't perform, but you didn't engage a professional. You had a tanty before said professional was able to perform their duties.

i think subsequent posts were undoubtedly over the top and uncalled for but the initial concern but was probably a fair one. ive only ever heard good things about rolf but in the interest of fairness i think people with negative experiences should be allowed to share them too (provided they are done so fairly)

I think Abe Lincoln said it best:

"You can please some of the people some of the time all of the people some of the time some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time"

Sorry Rolf

i think subsequent posts were undoubtedly over the top and uncalled for but the initial concern but was probably a fair one. ive only ever heard good things about rolf but in the interest of fairness i think people with negative experiences should be allowed to share them too (provided they are done so fairly)

Thanks sanj.

Firstly, I would like to apologise to the forum, especially to Rolf.

I was not aware that there were 2 similar threads with similar heading (re thanking Rolf).

Yesterday I posted my experience dealing with Rolf in other thread.

Then at night I saw this thread instead and I saw Dtraeger reply, which has content of my post.

Immediately I scanned the thread and didn't find my post.

I had disappointing communication with Rolf the day before, so the topic was fresh in my mind. So I reacted badly. I wasn't proud of it, but I think lots of people would think the same if they were in my situation.

I believe posting my experience with Rolf is legit. It was disappointing, to me. I know he is very reputable broker that was why I approached him twice.

If I go blindly, fill out his fact form and giving all my personal details and my financial details based on people (on this forum) excellent recommendation then I would be the one who suffer the consequences if my information got stolen.

I don't know how Dtraeger reply #8 end up in this thread.

My post was not malicious, it was a true honest experience.

Good onya mate. Im sorry for getting some amusement at your expense.

I think it would have been better received if it was in question format rather than negative review format.

1234, where is the other thread you're talking about?
Please message me a link if its against forum rules.

Back