That bittersweet feeling?

Feeling absolutely stoked my PPOR and IP's in Sydney have climbed a fair bit in recent times but bitter about prices have gone absolutely bonkers at the same time. Anyone else share the same sentiment?

Yeah. Had ideas about getting one or two more units but will have to wait quite a while now - if at all. Also dream about getting something inner west but if and when the time comes, the demographic may be too snooty for my liking.
On the plus side, it's a good time to get a decent rental. Plus I do feel good having equity.:)

Feeling absolutely stoked my PPOR and IP's in Sydney have climbed a fair bit in recent times but bitter about prices have gone absolutely bonkers at the same time. Anyone else share the same sentiment?

I understand the stoked part but you will have to enlighten me on the bitter part?

I understand the stoked part but you will have to enlighten me on the bitter part?

Oops must've deleted that part by accident.

Need to find a place to house the outlaws. It's probably in the space of 12 months, what was a high 300's property is now nudging 500k hence the bitter part.

Wonderful, now can you find the next best thing in NSW, if you do, let me know I am interested. I know its going nuts, but surely there are other areas ready to take off:)

I feel for the younger generation because the genuine ones will need to work harder, tighten their belt and be further away from the main hub.

I have heard that before

about 1975 the first time................

ta

rolf

Then the outer suburbs were only 20km from the CBD and you could still live in a nice location such as a bayside one
Now the same person/ couple would have to go at least 40km and live in an area that has little long term chance of gentrifying (frankston maybe an exception)

It's also funny how people bang on about the high interest rates -17% and so forth
Yes I understand it was hard but many people managed to hold onto their homes and see it through
If that happened now with an 80% lend pretty much nobody would be able to hold

So property must of been comparatively more affordable then. Not to mention the better choices of location

Before I moved to the Hills area (NSW), I used to travel from the Northern Beaches (parent's place not mine unfortunately) to Parra every day and if there was an accident in Warringah Road or Landcove, it really did push my commute time to close to 2 hours or more. Did that for 3 years before I moved closer to work and it really made a difference to my sanity and also didn't feel as if the tank was half empty by the time I arrived to work :)

I guess every generation will have their own challenges and obstacles to overcome!!!

Back