That was very nice.

I was doing a little research on Realestate.com for Lil. I was looking at the available units for sale and at the bottom of the page, when you click the link to look at the property, there are a few recent sales.

Anyway, I noticed one in the same block as the unit that I had recently purchased. It is identical to ours with the exception that it has had a recent coat of paint. It is leased for $10pw LESS than ours. We paid $150k, they paid $177k. :D

I had estimated that it would be worth around $170-180k. :D

We paid $150k, they paid $177k. :D

Nice 1 skater :) but don't go spending all the equity because all good things come to an end one day.

If demand drops and a similar unit stays on the market for 2 months
its price could go back to $150K :eek:

Lil

Your last post made me laugh. You have posted over 400 times on this forum so obviously confident and mature enough to give advice and move out of home etc, but when it comes to organising REA inspections you are still hanging onto mummies apron strings. What's the problem?

Sorry, you remind me of my daughter.

Kinga

Lil

Your last post made me laugh. You have posted over 400 times on this forum so obviously confident and mature enough to give advice and move out of home etc, but when it comes to organising REA inspections you are still hanging onto mummies apron strings. What's the problem?

She lives interstate and the inspection is local to me. If I was wanting something inspected where she is, I'd be asking her to do the same. She is not your average teenager. :cool:

Like I said yesterday........they aren't open until Monday.

It's Monday :D

Lil

Aww, come on now. I moved to Melbourne, the inspections are about 10 mins down the road from Mum. Trust me, if they were local i'd do it. The only reason why i'm not buying locally is because i can't afford it, so i'm planning to buy my IP first :)

I have however been to a few inspections, i went to an auction the other week too. No one bid though!

She lives interstate and the inspection is local to me. If I was wanting something inspected where she is, I'd be asking her to do the same. She is not your average teenager. :cool:

Thank You.

Well done Skater! What town/Suburb was that in?

Looks like you have enough equity already to access for the next one :)

I disagree with BV, spend the equity now while u can, obviously not on a boat or car but another investment that will also grow over time.

Admire Lil Skater getting into the market so early and not using the "it's too expensive" line, just getting in where u can is fantastic.

What inspired Lil Skater to leave home so young and roll into Melbourne?

Well done Skater! What town/Suburb was that in?

Looks like you have enough equity already to access for the next one :)

I disagree with BV, spend the equity now while u can, obviously not on a boat or car but another investment that will also grow over time.

Admire Lil Skater getting into the market so early and not using the "it's too expensive" line, just getting in where u can is fantastic.

I'll PM you the Suburb. BTW, we went to look at the stove the other day and noticed two more for sale signs. Looked up the properties, could not find one of them, but the other was listed @$225k. :D

Don't worry, I disagree with BV too. :D

Lil left mainly as she is a very talented sports person and has gone interstate for the better coaching available. She is a very determined and independant young lady.

I disagree with BV too. :D

Skater

haha, I'm telling you what's good for you and you won't listen.
You should do something about your IP addiction...:D.

Don't worry, we're spending our equity too but not on IP's.
This time we're going to Europe on a 6 week fly+drive holiday (in July.

The trip looks like it will cost us around $30K (2 adults + 3 kids).
It's a scarry figure but there is no way out now, we've already spend $20K on airfares & hotel bookings....:eek:

cheers

Well it is too expensive for me to get a PPOR :(

As my Mum said, i mainly left for my sport - probably my best decision in my life so far! It's actually worked out really well, i've improved dramatically :)

Another big reason was my "friends". I didn't want to be like them, and i didn't want to apart of the drama.
They all love clubbing - i got over it.
They're caught up with guys - i couldn't care less, if i've got one and he treats me right great! But i'm not going to go running back with every break up, and they're like 15 year old. Been with someone for a week and they're in love and getting married...Makes me want to puke. Actually i kinda feel sorry for them, especially the one that's recently popped out a kid! :eek: She's barely 19!!!!!!!!!!!!
They think the government will support them - I believe hard work is the key, plus i believe the government is stupid, maybe one day i'll make it parliment and change the rules so drop kicks can't rely on goverment, (this being the one's that don't need it).

Plus, Melbourne's pretty! :) I like it here, i've managed to pick up some great friends, although they're all mid 20s but that's cool. :)

Still smiling. I found out today that another unit in the same complex sold a couple of months ago for $196k and there is yet another for sale at the moment. List price is $225k. :D

Back