The Apprentice

I am now sucked in by this show. It is purely sticking to the US formula though, even down to the strange looking receptionist pretending to use her computer.

What is the go with the Miss World Australia 2006?? (I'm betting there'll be some sort of challenge which involves the ladies to wear bikinis soon. We did get to see some muscles and blokes in a sauna so I guess it's only fair.)

I really liked the youngest guy with fuzzy hair I hope he does well. Sam?

Do we know what Yellow Brick Road is?

Glad Carmen got to stay, a show like this needs these sort of characters. The normal older lady got told to go - not enough spice unfortnately.

I am now sucked in by this show. It is purely sticking to the US formula though, even down to the strange looking receptionist pretending to use her computer.

What is the go with the Miss World Australia 2006?? (I'm betting there'll be some sort of challenge which involves the ladies to wear bikinis soon. We did get to see some muscles and blokes in a sauna so I guess it's only fair.)

I really liked the youngest guy with fuzzy hair I hope he does well. Sam?

Do we know what Yellow Brick Road is?

Glad Carmen got to stay, a show like this needs these sort of characters. The normal older lady got told to go - not enough spice unfortnately.

The receptionist looked mighty fine to me. Nothing strange about her at all. Very "tidy".
Yeah, Miss Universe or whatever she claims to be has got to go. That voice really gets to me too!
Will the bikini challenge involve mud and/or wrestling?
Yellow Brick Road was the title of Bouris book and the name of his latest wealth management company.

Will be interesting to see who ends up with the "job" in the end,
I also think by sacking Jane was a big mistake just because she was 54 and the quite type ,maybe she should have given Carmen a blast of her own style, she had nothing to do with the problems caused by Carmen and her under quoting on the jobs,and the time factor,but i can see why Carmen lost everything in the "GFC",run in blind then look for someone to blame.. I would have thought that Mark Bouris would have picked up on the way she thinks,at the expense of events that have happened before in her investing life..imho..willair..

the strange looking receptionist pretending to use her computer.

In one of the very first shots of her from over her shoulder, she was busy 'typing' but the screen showed the desktop background, icons, etc, with no documents open.

To be more realistic, she needs to open YouTube, or SS and swap the keyboard for a mouse.

I also think by sacking Jane was a big mistake just because she was 54 and the quite type ,maybe she should have given Carmen a blast of her own style, she had nothing to do with the problems caused by Carmen and her under quoting on the jobs,and the time factor,but i can see why Carmen lost everything in the "GFC",run in blind then look for someone to blame..

I don't think Jane would make a great leader though, hence why she got fired.

One thing that beats me, some people are presenting themselves as successful business owners, why the hell are they trying to get into paid employment? :confused:

One thing that beats me, some people are presenting themselves as successful business owners, why the hell are they trying to get into paid employment? :confused:

Some 'business owners' make $50k p.a. or less. They're trying to get into $200k p.a. paid employment.

From a purely commerical perspective you may be right,but when you set unachievable,challenges you either rise above them or sink,maybe all the "Business Owners" woke up one morning and found out they don't own a business they own a job..willair

Some 'business owners' make $50k p.a. or less. They're trying to get into $200k p.a. paid employment.

I agree with Strannik though - if they were really "successful".....

My first thoughts when they mentioned the prize was "What, all this for a $200k job?" - granted its a tad more than I get for my day job, but it's not that much.... would have been more impressed (and I bet tougher playing) if they offered a $500k job :)

Cheers,

The Y-man

But to the 19 year old that's a great starting salary.

Unfortunately its more about making a TV show than conducting serious interviews IYKWIM.

Sorry Rob, the receptionist may well have been 'tidy' (? that's a new one to me) but she was a bit wooden. That's what I meant by strange.

In one of the very first shots of her from over her shoulder, she was busy 'typing' but the screen showed the desktop background, icons, etc, with no documents open.

Yup that's what I was referring to! It was just a blue/blank screen and her fingers were tippy tapping away. I'm sure we aren't the only ppl to have noticed. LOL

QUOTE]

I saw that too, thought it was just me. Was unfair that Jane got fired when that overbearing bigmouth scraped through. Miss World has got to go, don't think i can bear having to listen to that voice for another episode or her bignoting herself on how important she is cos she was once a miss world geez

Carmen & the Miss World wannabe :) are still there because they annoy people including me and they cause controversy or get people talking about the show. Can you imagine if all the contestants were like the poor woman who got voted off the first night, It would be quite boring really and that is why they didn't get fired, not because they are better performers or better people etc.

Last edited:
also the term "your fired" is so unaustralian that it seemed really out of place. it would be much better if they'd used the australian term - whatever that is.

The Aus term is:

"OK, John, here is your first written warning for not doing your job as set out in your job description...here is your second written warning...now we need to get you off for some more job training...the job training and other warnings have not improved your work, so here is your third written warning and letter to say you are no longer needed at this company...yes I will meet with the Union to discuss your unfair dismissal....what time is the hearing at the Supreme Court?....welcome back to the Company John, did you get your compensation cheque, can I get you anything?" :eek:

Hows this for a competing network idea? After Boris offers the final one a job Richard Branson barges in and offers 20% more wages to head hunt the candidate?

The Aus term is:

"OK, John, here is your first written warning for not doing your job as set out in your job description...here is your second written warning...now we need to get you off for some more job training...the job training and other warnings have not improved your work, so here is your third written warning and letter to say you are no longer needed at this company...yes I will meet with the Union to discuss your unfair dismissal....what time is the hearing at the Supreme Court?....welcome back to the Company John, did you get your compensation cheque, can I get you anything?" :eek:

HA HA HA...........Quality.....That is it exactly!!!!!!!!!

the main reason i reckon the female team leader should've gotten voted off was - asides from being an overriding btch with no people skills - when it became obvious in the last hour that they may not make the time limit for the large park job ... she went to "customer" and started ranting on about how spreading mulch was not part of the orginal contract - when the mulch had been obviously sitting next to the flower bed all day waiting to be spread.

she should've been sacked on the spot for such unprofessional and buck passing behaviour.

i had to laugh how all the "interviewees" back at the house were adament she was going to get sacked - and then in she walks. wonder if the ears were burning?

hmmm now that i think about this a bit more, i think one of the reasons she wasnt sacked was the sheer entertainment value she provides. Its good for ratings!! It wouldn't be as much fun to watch the show if she wern't in it. Shes so bitchy and nasty the way that she talks to people. The way she spoke to Jane.... If I were Jane I would've told her were to go!!! She let her walk all over her. I would have pulled her aside and told her what I thought about how she was talking to me and and stood up for myself.

Yep that boros guy is right Jane would get walked all over if he were to hire her. She doesn't fight back just takes it like a wuus. No confidence either. Didnt speak up at the meetings or at any stage.

Carmen & the Miss World wannabe :) are still there because they annoy people including me and they cause controversy or get people talking about the show. Can you imagine if all the contestants were like the poor woman who got voted off the first night, It would be quite boring really and that is why they didn't get fired, not because they are better performers or better people etc.

lol just read your post now. yep we think alike!

I agree. And those that fly under the radar I think will go first, because they do nothing for the show.

I just watched this after taping it on Monday night. Miss World wannabe has to go. That fake plastered smile just *bugged* me when it was just Carmen and her in the board room near the end. Carmen was serious and listening while whats-her-face was smiling at the camera. And yes, Carmen really need to work on her leadership and people skills.

Should be an interesting series.

PS: That mansion was awesome. :D

Back