The Apprentice

lesson learned in the first episode: defend your stand tooth and nail whether you are right or may be wrong!!!! Mark B blamed Jane for not standing up for herself that's why she got voted out.

lesson learned in the first episode: defend your stand tooth and nail whether you are right or may be wrong!!!! Mark B blamed Jane for not standing up for herself that's why she got voted out.

exactly...sprout off, shoot from the hip, blame anyone but yourself - it's all acrobatics. the team leader displayed it brilliantly. she almost had me convinced she had done a good job!

I agree. And those that fly under the radar I think will go first, because they do nothing for the show.

aah! so the secret of the show is to be an over-the-top pain in the derrier and you'll stay?

Can't wait to see it. :eek:

Seriously, haven't we had enough of these septic-style empty shows now?

Geez I hate how "L.A" our Country has become/is becoming.

Look at shows like GLEEK (or is it GLEE?) as an example.

It's bloody prime-time. Can you believe it? Geeezuss.

At least "Hey Hey" is back on!

Now THERE'S some content. :D

I attempted to watch CSI last night; they were giving some poor corpse lying on the road the defib in front of a large crowd with no attempt to cover it up, while the CSI gang just waltzed nonchalantly past with their torches out scanning for forensic content..

This is sooo not real life now.

I attempted to watch CSI last night; they were giving some poor corpse lying on the road the defib in front of a large crowd with no attempt to cover it up, while the CSI gang just waltzed nonchalantly past with their torches out scanning for forensic content..

This is sooo not real life now.

i commented on this to hubby last night. getting ridiculous.

and - just to get off topic - junior only has meat and tomato sauce on her hamburgers when we (rarely) go to macca's. but when the order taker repeats "so you only want meat and ketchup", i always reply "no, meat and tomato sauce - we live in australia".

Oh Lizzie, its bad! Just yesterday I wasted my precious time in the sauce aisle at Coles looking, looking, looking for Heinz Tomato sauce. I just wanted something in a squeezy bottle (easier for the kids) All I could find was the Heinz Ketchup. Being an aussie I"m not really sure what ketchup is exactly (serious) so I bought White Crow instead.

Heres my 2 cents worth.

I for one really enjoyed Hey Hey the other night, was awesome and very Australian. I think we need more of that.

The Apprentice? I find it humorous to watch individuals waste their life working and sucking the Boss' you know what..

But thats just me and if thats what they enjoy then more power to them, we need at least some people who are naturally like that to be in those sorts of positions.

I personally like knowing that I can sit on my *** all day long and earn more money than they will working 80 hours per week.

So, in the audition that my son went to for this show, only those who were totally out there went into the next round. My son is one of those kinds of people, but even he was overshadowed by the 'full of themselves' people who were picked. The young guy from Adelaide is quite nice though.

week 2

that blonde and old carmel! what a nasty piece of work. talk about a back stabbing btch trying to bolster her own position by running down the others ... although this week i think she showed her true colours to paul and will be shortly "fired".

hope so anyhow - she gives businesswomen a really bad name

you talking about older blonde or younger?

either way, didn't like them both, younger one even more than the old one

i'm quite happy with the person who got fired this time, didn't like him at all

the older ... missed most of the show because gnw ran late (and can't miss good news week!), so only saw the last presentation and the boardroom session.

the old blonde is really carving up the females as a cohesive team - whereas the boys came across as a united front.

One thing that beats me, some people are presenting themselves as successful business owners, why the hell are they trying to get into paid employment? :confused:

I haven't watched the Aussie (or for that matter normal US) version, but I did watch a season of the US celebrity version. Didn't mind it.

I agree with you about why a business owner would want to be on the show Strannik - if they are in fact 'successful' as they claim (which I'd say is a big if). Only thing I can think of is they see it as a possible learning opportunity to be working for someone like Bouris? I assume the prize at the end is a job working directly for him?

lesson 2: don't show you are smart too fast!

how the heck did the PM chose Sam (the young kid) beats me. i can understand this move if it is down to the last 4 to 5 contestants... not at this early stage. Mark has already commended Sam for his creativity and by trying to vote him out is so obviously strategic. On the other hand, it is quite difficult to pick any other guy besides the PM himself, to get fired.

and that old camel... oops, carmel... not long now... she is going to out soon. so is that EX- Ms World...

:p

and that old camel... oops, carmel... not long now... she is going to out soon. so is that EX- Ms World...

PLEASE can we get rid if Ex Ms World first? Please .. Please .. Please?
If I hear that annoying voice one more time I'll not be responsible for my actions.
Maybe I could cope better if she actually said something worthwhile.
Ex Ms Universe first, THEN the Camel.
Deal?

Unfortunately I only caught the end of the show. Was the pretty Miss Australia girl the Asian looking girl in the Boardroom at the end? I think the show needs to get real and get an Australian feel about it.

I watch the UK version of the Apprentice all the time. Its sad but sometimes amusing to watch the poor buggers have to jump through hoops to get a lickspittle job at the end of it.

1. If this is the same person, she doesnt look asian to me
http://www.nma.gov.au/exhibitions/p...ustralia_gallery_slideshow/slideshow_8_6.html

2. We are a small and open economy. Is there a problem about being Asian AND Australian?

Back