The Apprentice

yep. The team leader was hopeless and should have gone - the best thing she was good at was the office politics. I agreed that having a slanging match wouldn't have proved anything.

i'd go for double eviction if i could
both the chick who got evicted and the team leader

team leader for behaving the way she did, seriously underestimating the jobs and going to a client trying to get out of mulching, and that chick because of the same reason Mark "fired" her. he was right in saying that she had an opportunity to speak up on multiple occasions.

one thing that got me curious was his use of word "fired"
i thought this was supposed to be their job interview, so none of them are actually hired yet.:rolleyes:

i caught glimpses of the start during the ads in good news week and thought "what an egotistical, arrogant bunch of people" ... but it got really good in the second half when they were bought down to size with actual work.

i agree - the female team leader should have gone. she was everything the rest of the team said about her.

i also got really really annoyed at that girl who kept introducing herself as "miss australia 1996" - that was 13 years ago - get over it!

also the term "your fired" is so unaustralian that it seemed really out of place. it would be much better if they'd used the australian term - whatever that is.

some great lesson there - especially about under valuing yourself and estimating how long jobs take.

i also got really really annoyed at that girl who kept introducing herself as "miss australia 1996" - that was 13 years ago - get over it!

It was 2006 - 3 years ago, but I agree it got annoying.

also the term "your fired" is so unaustralian that it seemed really out of place. it would be much better if they'd used the australian term - whatever that is.

What about "P*** off" ?

At the start of the show, I thought I was really going to hate Brunette fat chick, but Blonde fat chick made her look really nice in comparison.

We have been watching the UK version for some time and have also watched the US version.

So far I have enjoyed the UK version, with Sir Alan Sugar (Amstrad fame), the most as Alan just carries it of so well.

I think Mark Bouris has a long way to develop before he makes the grade as a ruthless businessman. Judging by the shorts he does get better as he settles into the role.

As far as the first episode. I was surprised at the menial task set with the 'clients' who were obviously all a setup with manufactured tasks.

Seems to me that the whole women team should have been fired or maybe a more rigorous initial selection process applied. The reason I say this is from the go get no one on that team had any idea and the 'miss whatever' just embarrassing.

This show has one more chance for my continued custom.

Cheers

Gotta admit the ads turned me off as I had no empathy with the candidates I viewed but I might give it a go after reading the above comments.

How about we replace "You're fired" with "On ya bike mate" or even a simple "rack off" ?

I auditioned for this and was fired before I even got the chance to get fired on tv.

Oh well, my 15 minutes will come one day.

I auditioned for this and was fired before I even got the chance to get fired on tv.

Oh well, my 15 minutes will come one day.

You made the audition?? I'm impressed!
Sadly, only two people from Adelaide made it through. Well, like some people say, it's a small town, so what can you expect.
I enjoyed the show. Hope it continues to deliver, after a strong and entertaining start.

My son made the audition for Adelaide too - he is 24. And my other son knows the 19 year old from Adelaide - school mate. And of course I could tell you how far he goes but that would be spoiling, wouldnt it!

My son made the audition for Adelaide too - he is 24. And my other son knows the 19 year old from Adelaide - school mate. And of course I could tell you how far he goes but that would be spoiling, wouldnt it!

Don't suppose the school mate got the phone number of the Adelaide girl (Anna)?

I was not impressed with the women. Talk about giving females a bad name, particulary the team leader.

I love to watch these shows, but the truth is that I cann't imagine anyone with serious prospects subjecting themselves to this kind of 'entertainment television'.

the main reason i reckon the female team leader should've gotten voted off was - asides from being an overriding btch with no people skills - when it became obvious in the last hour that they may not make the time limit for the large park job ... she went to "customer" and started ranting on about how spreading mulch was not part of the orginal contract - when the mulch had been obviously sitting next to the flower bed all day waiting to be spread.

she should've been sacked on the spot for such unprofessional and buck passing behaviour.

i had to laugh how all the "interviewees" back at the house were adament she was going to get sacked - and then in she walks. wonder if the ears were burning?

Unfortunately I only caught the end of the show. Was the pretty Miss Australia girl the Asian looking girl in the Boardroom at the end?

I think the show needs to get real and get an Australian feel about it.

The "You're fired" with the pointed finger really disappointed me. It was too scripted and way too much like Trump. Mark needs to get real and find his own "You're Fired.":cool:

Regards, JO

How about "Your Boned" ... to quote the famous aussie Eddie ... ha!!!

I watched it purely because my real estate agent is in it. Yup ... bought my previous IP from Andrew Morello :)

I agree re the (former) Miss Australia mentioning her past as a bit annoying, however....I think it is a smart move on her behalf as there would be a few Joe Publics that would be won over by the "celebrity status" thing, i.e, it will/may open doors.

Regards
Marty

Back