The Australian Lease Option Handbook. Good?

W

WebBoard

Hi all.

Do people recommend "The Australian Lease Option Handbook"?

Adam

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Yes, it is good one.
It is well written, worthwhile to get one.

Serge.

The Australian Lease Option Handbook. eBook = BAD!

Reply: 1.1

Hi again.

Bought the book (thanks for the advice Sergey).

It's a really good read with lots of great info and suggestions.

Actually bought the eBook. BIG MISTAKE!

Why the eBook is bad:
1. Can't print it out, and reading from the computer screen is terrible! Can't wait until they invent a 150+ dpi display device that I can sit on my couch and read.

2. Need to be connected to the Internet the whole time you read it! Can't read it at work because of the firewall. Can't read it at home for too long or my friends, rellies and wife will vilify me more tying up the phone line.

Ahhh. That feels better.

Adam.

P.S. I'll send this to Andrew Gray, too.

Reply: 1.1.1

Adam
Was worse for me...I'm on mac. Had to get a friend to download my (paid for) version and now I have to go and tie up his phone line and sit at his computer to read my copy!! Aaaaaggghhh

Michele

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Sorry Adam,

I think in old days they used to sell normal books (hard cover).
Why they have changed all that I have no idea.

I purchased electronic version as well but I was able to print it out. How? Well it is different story.

I am not sure but I guess you probably can contact them and ask for proper book in addition or exchange or ask money back. It said somewhere on front (?) - Money back guaranteed (?)...
Or other wise you may mention to them something about Consumer Commission... They should've warn you in advance what you just about to purchase, hard cover or electronic, or whatever. And make concise decision on it as informed consumer.

I honestly do not know why they have done that way, maybe running out of printed stock?

Someone here on the forum mentioned just recently that they have ordered Ian Somers Property Investment software and were offered to get in two versions - electronic as well as hard copies.
It does not matter if people used all those options or not. The point I am trying to make is - the better service they (Somers) provide to the public the more likely they will get more and more referrals. And this what makes them different from the rest of the pack, I guess.

Sorry about all that trouble, but have look on brighter side – at least you can read it and think about it and compare to other investment technics/strategies.

Serge.

RE: The Australian Lease Option Handbook. eBook = BAD!

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

>
> I think in old days they used to sell normal books (hard cover).
> Why they have changed all that I have no idea.

It's simple -- cost. They make much more money when printing and paper
and publishers aren't involved

Jas

RE: The Australian Lease Option Handbook

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

There is a hardcopy version of the book available now. I've got both and I was able to read the e-version even when off-line.

I think I had to pay another $30 to get the hard copy version, but it is worth it.

W

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Hi all,

Andrew Gray here from www.creativerealestateinvesting.com.au

There seems to be a little confusion going on here about The Australian Lease Option Handbook. I actually came here just to publicly respond to the email that Adam sent me today, which was a copy of his post from above.

Firstly I would like to make it very clear that there is (and has been since about March this year) a hardcopy version of the handbook available. The choice is very clearly shown on our website site when ordering and there are in fact two different order buttons so you can choose between the hardcopy and the ebook versions. We are not attempting to deceive anyone into an ebook or hardcopy version. We are just offering an investment information product at a fantastic price.

On occasions we do send emails offering people the opportunity to update to the hardcopy but this is done infrequently as we don’t want to be spamming our customers or annoying them. This is just informing them of the opportunity available at that time (as it is usually at a reduced cost for a short time).

Those people who order the ebook then decide that they would prefer the hardcopy version usually just drop us an email, we charge their credit card the difference for the cost for the hardcopy, then we send it out to them. All fairly simple and a relatively painless process.

To anyone who is in this situation and would like to update their ebook to a hardcopy version please just drop us an email and a hardcopy version of the book can be sent out to you, usually within a week.

Yes, we have a 100% unconditional money back guarantee and we have and do honour it. So far we have had a return rate of 0.5% so you can see that the vast majority don’t have too much of an issue with the ebook or its contents.

Below is a copy of the reply to Adam’s email I came here to answer……

> Hi Andrew.
>
> I just thought I'd send my feedback of the eBook format that I posted to the
> Somersoft real estate forum to you personally as well. Here 'tis:
>
> ---
>
> Hi again.
>
> Bought the book (thanks for the advice Sergey).
>
> It's a really good read with lots of great info and suggestions.
>
> Actually bought the eBook. BIG MISTAKE!
>
> Why the eBook is bad:
> 1. Can't print it out, and reading from the computer screen is terrible!
> Can't wait until they invent a 150+ dpi display device that I can sit on my
> couch and read.

>>> Andrew: That is exactly why we give you the option of the hardcopy version of the ebook. If you don't like the ebook you chose to buy do something about it, just change your order to the hardcopy version. Simple...problem solved. Neither product is particularly expensive and if you choose not to spend the money on the hardcopy version then that is the choice you have to live with and I can't actually do anything about that.

>
> 2. Need to be connected to the Internet the whole time you read it!
>>>Andrew: This is not the case. Please take the time to visit the help page for the solution. You will discover that the problem is the internet setup on your computer, it is not the ebook.

Can't read it at work because of the firewall.
>>>Andrew: You can ask your network administrator to give you the permission required to read the ebook at work, then it becomes the choice of your employer.

>Can't read it at home for too long
> or my friends, rellies and wife will vilify me more tying up the phone line.
>>>Andrew: You now have a solution to this problem. I am sure there is a section in the book about communication...why didn't you just write to us about a solution to this problem?

>
> Ahhh. That feels better.
>>>Andrew: Ditto.
>
> Adam.
>
> P.S. I'll send this to Andrew Gray, too.

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Ah...yes Andrew, however, it does not state anywhere (that I can see) that you CANNOT print out the ebook version during the ordering process and on your website.

I thought it would be logical to a reasonable consumer that you could print out the electronic version since the deal would be cheaper as a result of your company not having to incur the costs of printing, binding and postage.

I must admit, I also was bitterly disappointed that I could not print out a copy.

Glenn.

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

How much is the electronic version?

TW
~Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all~

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

It was $30 in February.

Serge.

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Thats pretty cheap information.'

TW
~Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all~

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

If the piece of software existed that would allow the reader to print just one copy of the ebook then we would use it. I am unaware of this piece of software so we work with what we have to protect our intellectual property. If we allowed the ebook to be printed we would have no control over the number of copies printed “for a friend”. If 50% of customers were to print just one copy for a friend then this would cost us 33% of our income from the book. Just like an IP that book is an investment for me and just like you with your IPs you want to make sure that investment is protected the best you can.

Hi TW, yes it is a bit of a give away. My wife is often telling me I am a fool for selling it so cheaply.

Glenn, it is unfortunate that you were bitterly disappointed about the inability to print the ebook. We do not say, suggest or even infer anywhere on our site that the ebook can actually be printed. It was as you suggested in your post, an assumption on your part that this would be the case. If you would care to drop us an email we would gladly refund your money.

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Hi Andrew,

Your logic is flawed and the software is irrelevant. Even if software permitted only a single print a photocopier would provide as many as required. Also should someone buy a hard copy and run multiple copies, the net result to you is the same - loss of income and a breach of copyright.

I support your right to protect your intellectual property, which is without question. I also know the information contained within your book to be accurate and of good value. My order for a hard copy is on its way.

regards, Michael Croft

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Thanks Michael. You’re dead right though anyone who wants to badly enough will make copies of it. There is only so much you can do about it. As my dad used to say “locks only keep honest people out”.

I remember when we first released the ebook the amount of effort and creativity that went into “cracking” it was amazing…all over a $30 book. My thoughts at the time were if the same effort goes into their property investing that went into saving a few bucks on a book they will make a fortune.

Here’s hoping hey!

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Hi Andrew.

I remember those days. I thought it was so funny. Couldn't believe it either, what a waste of time, hehe.

One question though, how much is it to upgrade from the eBook to the hard covered book?

Cheers
Robert

The Sydney "Freestylers" Group Leader.

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Andrew,

Understand where you are coming from. The information you provide is invaluable. I will be upgrading to the hardcopy soon.

Perhaps it may be an idea to state or make a note that the e-book cannot be printed before people purchase it. It will then prevent any misunderstandings from occurring.

Glenn.

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Hi folks.

I am not sure how library works.
Do they buy one copy and lend it to people or some percentage goes to the publisher/owner each time some one borrows it. If it is true, who then covers the cost on the longer run - the Government? I do not think so.

Dilemma...

Back to the book,
I found it very informative, and very well researched and written.
Written well, marketed well, something wrong with distribution I think.

If the client will be allowed to print it out, the client the consumers them selves will pay for the ink, paper, power, hardware, software, maintenance and all other costs associated with it (with running computer and internet connection). So, someone who started with $30 will end up paying $35 probably.

As Michael said it can be photocopied from the original 100's time with no quality deterioration.

In fact it is much harder to copy it from the hard cover (does not seat very well on glass of the photocopier) then from e-book format.
And why would you anyway if you already paid for the hard cover one.

It is like banks telling us about online banking - the transaction does not cost you a cent...
Does it? Well it does not to them.

Serge.

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Me again.

The only reason I posted my experiences with the eBook was to help my fellow forum members. I wanted them to inform them about the limitations of the format. That's all.

I never meant to cast aspersions on Andrew or the material. It's a great book.

The purpose of this forum, as I see it, is to work together; to help each other out; to benefit from each others experience. That's what I was doing: posting my experiences.

'Nuff said?

I would like to say that Andrew's email to me and the post to the forum took on entirely different tones. Note the difference between:

"Those people who order the ebook then decide that they would prefer the hardcopy version usually just drop us an email, we charge their credit card the difference for the cost for the hardcopy, then we send it out to them. All fairly simple and a relatively painless process.

To anyone who is in this situation and would like to update their ebook to a hardcopy version please just drop us an email and a hardcopy version of the book can be sent out to you, usually within a week."

and

">>> Andrew: That is exactly why we give you the option of the hardcopy version of the ebook. If you don't like the ebook you chose to buy do something about it, just change your order to the hardcopy version. Simple...problem solved. Neither product is particularly expensive and if you choose not to spend the money on the hardcopy version then that is the choice you have to live with and I can't actually do anything about that."

?

Back