The Average Investor

W

WebBoard

I received a newsletter from my agent in Adelaide - L.J. Hooker yesterday, and on it were some statistics which were sourced from both the A.B.S and from a survey they conducted themselves earlier this year.

The Average Investor.
Of the investors surveyed 54% were aged between 35 and 55, 22% between 26 and 35 and 25% were aged between 56 and 65.

42% of the investors surveyed earned more than $60,000 p.a. and 45% earned between $40,000 and $60,000 p.a.

54% owned one investment property, 27% owned two and only 18% owned three or more properties.

70% of investment properties were purchased in the investors local area, while 19% were originally purchased as the family home and then rented out when the owner moved to a new property.

According to the ABS 66% of property investors say the main reason for purchasing a property is to provide a secure long-term investment. 20% of investors under 45 said they wanted to reduce tax through negative gearing. 30% of investors over 65 said that receipt of rental was there motive for investing.

54% of the investors surveyed said that their expectation of capital return had been realised and 31% said it had not been realised.

Just a little more info to add to the property purchasers trivia handbook.

Debra

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

101% of property investors and not one of them was under 26.....

Interesting.

:)

Boyler Room

Reply: 1.1

Well, they obviously didn't survey me then, being only 23 did they!!
Funky

Q. Why aren't physios good in bed?
A. Because they normally get the swelling to go down...

Reply: 1.1.1

The best advice I've heard regarding investing is 'Don't be average!'

Mark
'no hat, some cattle'

Reply: 1.1.1.1

I think I heard it first at one of Michael Yardney's evening presentations.

Who wants to be average? Average is worst of the best and cream of the crap.

One of the funniest things I had heard in ages.

Toyo

Back