The B word.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/real...bble-pop-in-2017/story-fndban6l-1227365483287
AUSTRALIA is in the midst of the greatest credit-fuelled real estate bubble the country has ever seen. When it pops it?s going to devastate the economy, and quite possibly take the big banks with it.

That?s the warning from Lindsay David, founder of LF Economics, author of Australia: Boom to Bust, and resident doomsayer of the Australian economy. But is he right, or have we heard this all before?

Since publishing his book last year, Mr David has made a name for himself issuing dire warnings about the coming property market crash and railing against the government and particularly the finance, insurance and real estate industries.

Thoughts?

Not to derail your thread, but I'm curious - are there any examples of billionaire doomsdayers?

Forget billionaire - even moderately successful would suffice. Are there any of those out there?

Same clap trap we've been hearing from the D&G brigade for years now.

Reading between the lines: Lindsay David wrote a book he needs to sell - so articles like this get him publicity.

Alan Oster has my vote:
NAB chief economist Alan Oster, however, says "there's no housing bubble" and he's been saying it for years. "They've been wrong for 10 years".

Here's a chart attached of the last 15 yrs CG in the Council of the City of Sydney. It is just normal behavior of the RE market going thru its cycles.

Attachments

• SydneyLGA15YrsCG.jpg
    SydneyLGA15YrsCG.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 91
Same clap trap we've been hearing from the D&G brigade for years now.

Reading between the lines: Lindsay David wrote a book he needs to sell - so articles like this get him publicity.

Alan Oster has my vote:
Quote:
NAB chief economist Alan Oster, however, says there?s no housing bubble ? and he?s been saying it for years. ?They?ve been wrong for 10 years.
Here's a chart attached of the last 15 yrs CG in the Council of the City of Sydney. It is just normal behavior of the RE market going thru its cycles.

That graph is impressive, so inflation adjusted, 2002 was actually higher than it is now? Insane.

Back