The "back, crack and er____" waxed metrosexual monkey boys are out

It is a strange thing, people, relationships..my partner and I have very different personalities, yet share so much common interests and values. I think the first thing I admired about him was how he thought/regarded himself, how he treats people, his sheer honesty, so expressive...generous and kind, so adaptable at stuff, physically-> hugger who does the best hugs ever.

Apart from years of learning to agree we disagree on many things, this guy has seriously helped me to become a better person, and his (immediate) family are just beautiful and happy go lucky people.

I tell you, there is something about a person's character that has you believe they are the most handsome man on the earth. But yes, I am glad he likes to keep his hair short back and sides. And I do love his moustache.

RG:
I am usually attracted to certain attributes such as drive, ambition, intelligence, creativity, fitness etc etc. This one ticked all the boxes.

Thing is you went for it mate, had a decent crack at an opportunity in your life, that takes courage and guts, good for you and I have no doubt there are more opportunities to come. Have fun!!

As for the Blue Collar come back: I'm one of those chicks who loves her man coming home dirty and smelly after a hard days slog. I find it ............ appealing. My partner is a tradesman, so I guess I'm bias. But each to their own I guess. :eek:

Then again, I'm not the type of female that can't leave the house without make-up or won't shovel $hit if she has too. The only shoes I own are ones I wear and are suited for a particular purpose - the range is not large and they are used until they totally clap out. One handbag for everyday use and one for evening wear. And a small, quite modest collection of fragrances - again purchased for specific application. And I guess some guys don't want a woman like that either. Some like 'em prissy'er and some like 'em a bit rougher around the edges. :p

And Rob .... Frankly, I think some people do us the favor of ejecting themselves OUT of our lives - and that, as far as I can see, is a blessing. Saves you the effort in the long run!

The one for you is obviously tied up in something right now and that is the only reason you have not yet crossed paths. Once she's free you'll find each other. Don't lose faith and don't sell yourself short mate. To use a term I saw on another post: Suck it up Rob, and save it for someone worth the effort. !!

Aw shucks :eek:
My mini romance crashed and burned with a text message break up last night. Got to love that. Even got the obligatory "it's not you, it's me" bit thrown in, just for fun.
Anyway, it kind of underpins my assertion that IT geeks don't get (or keep) the hot ones.
I go to the gym most days and run quite a few K's a week, so I have to challenge Big Tone. There may not be a lot of us fit and muscular office types around, but there's at least one right here.
Not that it seems to have helped me at all.

My apologies Rob,

What I meant (and should have said) was that the post was a little generalised, no matter where or how you work, to be a lean mean sex machine you gotta put in the yards, I know a few tradies that couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding (especially some younger apprentices) but that can be equally said for the office worker!

Personally, in my social and work environment the tradies are definately a fitter crew than the office boys, thats all.

Sorry to hear about the text message and the attached "cliches".

Big Tone

WW: you're quite right. I have to remember that.
Sparky: It lasted nearly a month! I have to say that I am usually attracted to certain attributes such as drive, ambition, intelligence, creativity, fitness etc etc. This one ticked all the boxes. She just happened to be a drop dead gorgeous blonde. When something seems too good to be true, then it probably is. I've learned that lesson!
And, no, I'm not gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Having said that, I did buy a big block of chocolate today. Felt an overpowering urge the rent Beaches on DVD, too. Maybe I'm just "sensitive"?

Hmmmmmmmm for goodness sakes there must be girls on here with all your required attributes who now also know a fair bit about you from the posts - come on stick your hands up where are you? Its time for you to pm Rob and let him know that you like him!

Strewth its like being at school all over again!

I don't think many women go for the metrosexual look do they? I reckon most of that type are not sure if they're arthur or martha and are hiding in the closet.

WW: you're quite right. I have to remember that.
Sparky: It lasted nearly a month! I have to say that I am usually attracted to certain attributes such as drive, ambition, intelligence, creativity, fitness etc etc. This one ticked all the boxes. She just happened to be a drop dead gorgeous blonde. When something seems too good to be true, then it probably is. I've learned that lesson!
And, no, I'm not gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Having said that, I did buy a big block of chocolate today. Felt an overpowering urge the rent Beaches on DVD, too. Maybe I'm just "sensitive"?
Sounds like you were lucky,just think what sort of life you would have had if you went in blind and married her..willair..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWArUaViXsA

I know how your feeling Rob I got the 'dear John' talking to the other
week. It seems when I come along no one is interested in a serious
relationship, but magically 2 weeks later they meet the love of their life.

Oh well at least I don't have to worry about loosing my houses :)

Oh dear I think we need a lonely hearts section, I wonder whether we would have many takers?

Who else is single that we need to know about?

I know how your feeling Rob I got the 'dear John' talking to the other
week. It seems when I come along no one is interested in a serious
relationship, but magically 2 weeks later they meet the love of their life.

Oh well at least I don't have to worry about loosing my houses :)

Seems to be the story of my life, too. What's the deal with that?
I've reached the conclusion that if they are crazy about me, then they are actually "crazy".

Everybody knows that geeks get all the hot chicks. :D

Agreed. My wife consistently stops traffic and makes men walk into doors/walls whilst I'm as geeky as it gets. Work in finance now and in a previous life worked in an IT department at a bank that stopped hackers. Forget a man that can fix a tap women love a man that can fix their laptop, knows how to work the PVR/Tivo and downloads their fav TV show/movie/music before it comes out in Aust (not that I encourage that)

Our 8 year old daughter asked me awhile back if I was "hot". Said to her "Well you know how Mum is a hottie? Surely I wouldnt have landed her if I wasnt either :p". She replied "Well on Sunrise Kochie and Mel were talking about how it's amazing that you see so many average men with beautiful women so that doesnt mean much". I argued back that Vicroads gave me the number plate UHB-XXX as UHB stands for U Hot Boy. She rolled her eyes and called me an idiot I probably should have told her off but had a laugh on the inside. She will have her mum's looks so will hopefull maintain this ability to shut men down

Our 8 year old daughter asked me awhile back if I was "hot". Said to her "Well you know how Mum is a hottie? Surely I wouldnt have landed her if I wasnt either :p". She replied "Well on Sunrise Kochie and Mel were talking about how it's amazing that you see so many average men with beautiful women so that doesnt mean much".

That is soooo funny. What a crack-up. :D
Kids never miss a beat huh !!

Seems to be the story of my life, too. What's the deal with that?
I've reached the conclusion that if they are crazy about me, then they are actually "crazy".

It is the modern version of "It's not you, It's me"

In the old days women wanted men for their money. These days
being a geek, with a property portfolio isn't enough anymore.

I admit there are a few bunny boilers out there but we will keep well
clear of them.:eek:

Although there are up sides to being single when I want to buy another
sharp shiny thing I don't have to get approval from the minister of finance and foreign affairs.

In the old days women wanted men for their money. These days
being a geek, with a property portfolio isn't enough anymore.

Maybe I should just give the portfolio away to a good home and get a real job?
Or I could just go and buy something sharp and shiny for myself. Because I can. Any suggestions?

Maybe I should just give the portfolio away to a good home and get a real job?
The answer is very simple Rob………Reality TV!! If they can find women for farmers I’m sure they'd have no trouble finding someone for you.

Better still produce it yourself and make a fortune while you are at it. I’m sure the networks would be fighting over it….. :D

Ruby

The answer is very simple Rob………Reality TV!! If they can find women for farmers I’m sure they'd have no trouble finding someone for you

That's it!! My destiny awaits. Can't even imagine why I never thought of that before. It's brilliant! :D

Awesome: "How to Marry a Property Investor" is on its way, I can feel it.

Contestants (prospective spouses) would have to:

* stay awake during a 10-min monologue from the PIers peppered with acronyms like "LVR", "PPR", "SMSF", "ROI" and "DSR" - bonus points for listening attentively and having any idea what it was all about ;)
* see how many hours they could tolerate their prospective PI spouse spending on Somersoft and realestate.com.au per week
* be willing to sign whatever guarantee, mortgage, or loan paperwork that we place in front of them - "trust me" :D
* see how many open inspections they can fit into one Saturday, and how long it takes them to plan out an optimal route between stops

Any other ideas?

Some good ideas there .. how about ..

* Playing Cash Flow 101 for hours on end just for fun
* Practice being a gopher during reno projects and predicting which tool, paintbrush etc will be required next, without any verbal communication or hint.

Everybody knows that geeks get all the hot chicks. :D

I did too, and she even said YES to the big question 2 months ago.

She constantly tells me im a nerd, and i just "bloody know everything".... but she certainly doesnt complain when i download all her TV shows, program the foxtel to record her fav programs, make the plasma TV easier to control, fix the washing machine, cook the occasional nice dinner, etc.

Women want more than just a nice looking man (i wouldnt consider myself anything special to look at).... i think they want a man who can do stuff they cant, that they can boast about.

Ruby:
If they can find women for farmers I’m sure they'd have no trouble finding someone for you.

Gotta love farmers!! Adorable, earthy, jack of all trades, brilliant, funny, lovers of wide open spaces, nature/natural environment, outdoors fun, lateral thinking, persistent, perservering, sexy, strong and friendly cheeky teasing characters.

Love'em.

And especially the way they wear their jeans and walk around in their mongrel boots! Farmer's rock.:)

Back