The ballad of old house - bathroom leak, help!

@handyandy yes, shower over bath tub on the other side
@Moyston, don't have the exact pic, but close up of bathtub (shower on top) and reflection of shower on the mirror

IMAG4506.jpg

IMAG4509.jpg

IMAG4505.jpg

IMAG4511.jpg

IMAG4512.jpg

Good news - no pipe leak, the grout shower lining gave up, so need to regrout.
I will have the handyman come it and quote for the work (he was going to do more work there as well).

Floor sander showed the pic below the floor, the beam seems to be ok :eek:

was going to say it looks like the bath tiles and silicon given way and corner section with mould. You would have been better to have a pipe leak then you would be covered under landlord insurance.

Persoanlly, as much as i love those tiles :) id be buying tile paint and painting them. The edge on the bath is flat and each time you get in and out as its on floorbaords, .it will move. grout will not protect water gettin in or silicon and it will happen again.

depends on type ppl u are renting to, family maybe, but if not.....me id get rid of the bath and and install a glass cubicle with a poly base .inexpensive way

i know u didnt ask for opinion , but you dont want it to leak again. hope all goes well

was going to say it looks like the bath tiles and silicon given way and corner section with mould. You would have been better to have a pipe leak then you would be covered under landlord insurance.

Persoanlly, as much as i love those tiles :) id be buying tile paint and painting them. The edge on the bath is flat and each time you get in and out as its on floorbaords, .it will move. grout will not protect water gettin in or silicon and it will happen again.

depends on type ppl u are renting to, family maybe, but if not.....me id get rid of the bath and and install a glass cubicle with a poly base .inexpensive way

i know u didnt ask for opinion , but you dont want it to leak again. hope all goes well

Yes, that was what I planed to do initially for the bathroom (rip apart the bath and just a walk in shower), then every trades I talked to want thousands of dollars :(

yer i know...id be doing it myself , but have a building background...if u have time etc..it is not that hard .but I understand what you say...

lol..just get in and get hands dirty , do as much as you can...if elecrics or plumbing required .just get them into do that part

lots of DIY stuff on youtube on how to apply tiles etc. id remove tiles for bath and remove bath..there are no tap connections, only the waste pipe which will prob unscrew at connection, or go under house and disconnect..then see what is requied. all depends..i just find it fun..google is your friend on how to do stuff..not stupid "the block"
you may surprise yrslef on what u can do...but if u have the time etc..

Back