The Biggest Tax EVER in Australia

For what can only be political reasons, we are about to pay:

The Worlds Biggest Carbon Dioxide Tax.

The Federal Parliament is about to pass the biggest tax bill that Australia has ever seen.

Julia Gillard will literally ram through her 19 bills for a Carbon Dioxide Tax, in the Lower House.

Once through, the majority Greens in The Senate will pass it through into legislation.

With only 26% support from the nation, our incompetant Prime Minister, with Bob Green have decided they will pass this bill......not for the benefit of the Australian people and the economy.....but to "save political face".

Big business will receive compensation. Small business- zero.

This thread is not meant to debate Climate Change...I think we have been there again and again. It is about a tax that very few want and agree with, that will achieve absolutely nothing but more bureaucracy and a mess that cannot be cleaned up by any new incoming Government.

Do we trust theis Government to implement this tax, when they have failed so dismally at EVERYTHING they touch?

QUESTION: What Government, in the midst of a Global Crisis, with national support of only 26%, would introduce one of the biggest, most complicated taxes now?

ANSWER: A Government that is tainted with greed, pride, indulgence, arrogance and pure incompetance.

Mad as hell.:mad::mad::mad:

Regards JO

hasnt it already been discussed to death on another thread though......

i think we need another thread to discuss it as much as we need the actual tax!! ;)

What rot. The revenue raised by this is being given back to the economy in the form of tax cuts (eg a massive increase to the TFT) and other assistance. Don't you like tax cuts? The only net tax burden is effectively the cost to run the program, which is offset by the increase to the TFT and is a pimple on the backside of the new industries this will develop. Otherwise it's just a wealth transfer from people and industries who emit carbon to those who don't - as it says on the box.

Get used to it. Even if the mad monk gets in at the next election he won't be able to repeal it because he won't have control of the Senate. And by the time any possible second term of his rolls around the world will be a very different place. If it passes parliament, it's here to stay...

And if it passes parliament for the first time in my life I may become a Labor voter as they will have shown they have the guts to pursue genuine economic reform of long term benefit to Australia in the face of one of the biggest public scare campaigns by vested interests we have ever seen. Just like floating the dollar, abolishing tariffs and introducing Medicare in the 80s.

The only meaningful reforms the conservatives have managed at Federal level over the last thirty years are the GST and some labour market stuff where they eventually went too far. The rest was just tinkering around the edges, with an all consuming fear of investing in real infrastructure for the future. I've had enough of their relentless negativity and scare campaigns... as well as their own completely indefensible climate change "policy".

Get used to it. Even if the mad monk gets in at the next election he won't be able to repeal it because he won't have control of the Senate. And by the time any possible second term of his rolls around the world will be a very different place. If it passes parliament, it's here to stay..

There is the option of a double disillusion election which will see the greens out on their ear and the tax can be repealed. HOWEVER this corrupt government are tying it up so it will COST Australia lot of money to get rid of it.

THEY are prepared to poison the garden before they get ousted next election to make sure no one can easily get rid of this tax and THAT IS CRIMINAL! :mad:

I wish I understood stuff enough to get mad & worked up about it

I understand enough to know that the impact this will have on me will be uttely neglible despite what is said by the more hysterical media outlets and the people who swallow their nonsense and regurgitate it like ventriloquist's dummies.

Do you suggest a referendum? Can you say how many major reforms were put through with a public majority?

I'd say close to none.

We have to make a last ditch effort to tell 'them' what we think. There can NEVER be enough talk about a subject when it is being pushed through against the wishes of the majority.

popularity contests aside, I'm still looking for the reasoning behind the term 'corrupt'

similar to the other claims of 'undemocratic' or 'democracy is dead'...

personally the member of Parliament that i voted for is still there, i am guessing everyone else's is as well... so democracy is still going strong...the fact that we can discuss this without risking 90 lashes from a dictator is evidence of that...

Last edited:
How about the State govts triple stamp duty and abolish tax deds on IPs to raise even more tax.

After all, it is being given back to tax payers. :rolleyes:

How about the State govts triple stamp duty and abolish tax deds on IPs to raise even more tax.

After all, it is being given back to tax payers. :rolleyes:

Yeah How about it hey ? :rolleyes::confused:

If I pretend to be angry about the tax , but not bother to understand it, can I join you in shooting my mouth off about it ??? I promise to be like really really insulting to everyone who doesn't agree with us cause of their ignorance on the matter & everything !! :rolleyes:

The thing that gets lost in this whole topic is the fact that no matter who wins, who loses, how many jobs get cut (and there will be a few), how many get created (doubtful), at the end of the day the world's temp may or may not change by about .3 of a degree...............

let me repeat that for ya's all;

.3 of a degree over the next 20 (or was it 50?) years...............maybe (based on the most accurate scientific models and estimates)..

Now; is this a terrific reason to even be thinking about such a tax at all? :eek:

What scares me is that there are a lot of supposedly intelligent human beings out there who believe this to be a good move....many of them running this Country.

Talk about time and money wasting.

So let me get this straight; the Big Mining World will get taxed unless they cut emissions of Carbon Dioxide.

Screwloose-ia will then give it back to the plebs in the form of a tax cut. I can't wait - I'm sure Ev will be happy; he copped a $46k bill this year.

What do you think will happen at the Board meetings of the Big Mining boys when they see that their bottom line got bent over by this tax?

Back