The Block Triple Threat Auction Results

Crazy auction results.

Market is definitely flying. Winner Dee and Daz got $835k above reserve, and the lowest result was 645k above with ayden and jess.

What did others make of the results?

.... and I still can't convince hubby to audition with me ... he reckons it's not worth going to jail over (when one of us buries the body in the cement pour)

Was that amount over reserve!?? Plusprize money too??

Wow unreal. We don't have tele... Haha that sounds funny. But we're on the move and is getting annoying when you miss the few decent shows that are on

Was that amount over reserve!?? Plusprize money too??

Wow unreal. We don't have tele... Haha that sounds funny. But we're on the move and is getting annoying when you miss the few decent shows that are on

$835k plus 100k prize for dee and Daz. The young couple made 810k above reserve and the older couple made 740k or there abouts.

Too bad the reserves were a loud of BS - even worse than Melbourne's normal standards.

Reserves set way to low hence the big profits.

+1

I remember a few weeks back they were talking about +$2mil price tags for the units and to reveal reserves of between $1.3-$1.5mil was clearly not a true reflection of actual assessed market value and most likely aimed at "building the hype" for ratings for next series and water cooler talk tomorrow.

3 of the 4 units were bought by the "Buyers Agents" that featured during the series (2 x Karen and 1 x Frank) so if they didn't have a fair indication of what the "market" may have been willing to pay then that's a joke.

To be out by of over 50% for all 4 units shows the reserves were BS and I am glad no one quoted them as "guide price" as that would have been the strongest case of "under quoting" for the REIV to use to prosecute the agents.

Yeah they set the reserves lower after last years drama where a few couples made nothing, such a shame that Darren & Dee won, hate those people.

.... and I still can't convince hubby to audition with me ... he reckons it's not worth going to jail over (when one of us buries the body in the cement pour)

I would love to do it but the time frames are stupidly unrealistic and the pressure would be too much. Hubby would not put up with cameras or constant questions and interviews.

I doubt anybody thought the reserves were supposed to be realistic. I am sure they made them low to avoid the debacle from last year and a couple of other years (remember the two fat tradies?).

I've loved the show and we were renovating at the same time (without the prize money) :p

The show is all rigged but for some reason I keep watching it lol. What happened to Darren and dea having to rip up their bathroom floor because there wasnt any floor to the floor waste. What happened to them having to rebuild their living room or whatever room it was because try couldn't achieve the standard of ceiling height.

Daz had a nice bathroom and terrace but that was about it. They didn't deserve to win but they were always going to because they done so poorly last year.

I thought they were supposed to put people on the show that don't have much money and are trying to have a good crack at it. Dad was an ex footballer for collingwood so he wouldn't be shy of a mil or 2. And they get given a sexing chance because they whinged that they made no money. I can't stand those 2 sooks.

And tim and anastasia don't deserve anything. They both only picked up tools in the last week when they ran out of money. Yea I understand its all for the cameras but I believe they would be lazy anyway.

Rant over

I'd love to do it with Hubby, but my bad hip means that I can't.:( He won't do it with the daughter, because there would definitely be a body buried somewhere during the build.:rolleyes:

Yeah they set the reserves lower after last years drama where a few couples made nothing, such a shame that Darren & Dee won, hate those people.
Yes, I don't like them. I wish they only got $10k again, but they probably set the reserves so low on purpose, to make sure they all got a good payday.
And tim and anastasia don't deserve anything. They both only picked up tools in the last week when they ran out of money. Yea I understand its all for the cameras but I believe they would be lazy anyway.

Don't start me on this pair. They shouldn't have let them back, once they quit. That would have served them right. They could have brought someone else in to finish, given them, say 10% of the profit for their time (less than a week), and given the rest to a charity.

And what happened to the stairs that needed to be fixed. In one episode they are saying that there was no chance of them finishing, then next thing we're at auction & it's all finished. Please explain!

I was backing T&A at the start, being the underdog and having a crack despite the hammering from the judges.. What a pair of sooks they turned into. If only Keith got stuck into them (properly like he wanted to) for being lazy they would have walked off for good..

I think that was the last season I'll watch.. unless they get stuck into some decent structural house renos.. I'm a bit over the 'decorating' of high end apartments in yuppy suburbs.

When t&a returned she mentioned they were not in it for the money and would donate whatever they made to charity. I didn't see the charity mentioned on auction night.
Tom joked that he thought they wouldn't make any money so wouldn't have anything to turn over.
Now they do so cough up!

My mistake - if they won the block overall they would donate the 100k bonus prize money.
I'm sure with almost 800k in their pocket now they could spare 100k for a good cause

Yeah not sure if it was scripted or not, but tim and Anastasia and dee and Daz came off as dicks in the show.

I reckon they would be dicks anyway. Dea thinks she is all that and above everyone because her husband was a afl player. Big deal, they shouldn't have been allowed on the show anyway. There are alot of people less fortunate then them.

My mistake - if they won the block overall they would donate the 100k bonus prize money.
I'm sure with almost 800k in their pocket now they could spare 100k for a good cause

Even if they won I reckon they would be the type of couple to say only joking. They are lazy and greedy.

That's great they won the money and good on them but the only couples who actually worked was Ayden and jess, josh and Charlotte, and daz did a bit of work himself but as for the others they don't deserve anything.

I think that was the last season I'll watch.. unless they get stuck into some decent structural house renos.. I'm a bit over the 'decorating' of high end apartments in yuppy suburbs.

Agreed! I'd love to go on the Block (don't have anyone to go on with), but the thought of having to do 'high end' decorating is scarier than the hours of manual labour involved. I loved the series where they had to renovate a period fireplace and find tiles to match. Actual work! Not spending half the week at the shops. It really annoyed me that Dea hardly got her hands dirty and every apartment seemed to have a permanent pile of mess but they took ages to clear it up.

Back