The Boy from Nowhere

he said that when he went broke in the early days that everyone wrote him off, thought he was a complete loser and didn't want to know him, but memories are short and the scorn soon turns to accolades

Money fixes most things in our world. Its only the problems that money can't fix that are the real problems.

Thanks for the heads up MTR, just jumped on to Booktopia and bought a copy. I was reading a piece on Stokes somewhere recently, and had a look at Seven West Media, so very keen to have a read :D

I am still having a laugh about the meeting/lunch Rupert Murdoch organised with Stokes.

It goes like this -

Sitting down in a large boardroom having a wonderful prawn cocktail and Murdoch asks Stokes to change one of the TV slots to include his program, Stokes stated that Packer had that slot and could not change it. Murdoch ... said "OK nothing left to talk about" and promptly walked out the door, leaving Stokes on his own, half way through his prawn cocktail.

Well, I thought it was funny, I am not too good at telling stories:)

THANKYOU!

Just finished reading this at it was a game changer!

Loved it and couldn't put it down, thankfully I had some long haul flights so had the time to finish the thing.

A true Australian businessmen and a decent guy who made it, though in his eyes he just gave life his best.

Back