The Census

Well it is that time every 5 years that we get to fill in the census (so the government can keep tabs on us, hehe).

Anyway what I am writing about is Question 47: Mark the box which best describes this dwelling...

And one of those choices is "Being purchased under a rent/buy scheme"

To me this points towards the government fully acknowledging that wraps/lease options are out there in Australia and they are now common enough that they needed to include them into a census question.

Anyway that was all I had to say.

Cheers
Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1.1

we had an interesting way of welcoming the census in our house. After it was put under the door ( while we were out ) the dog decided he was hungry ...

see change

Reply: 2

Why would you even consider filling in the census form ?

It never ceases to amaze me how the majority of people (or sheep ) cave in the big brother requirements of our so called democratic society !!

Wake up people, stand up for your privacy !!

Regards

"Carnt believe"

Reply: 2.1

I can't believe that you are so touchy! With all the information we give "unknowingly" to commercial entities every time we use a credit card etc is much more of a concern than the data provided to the Australian Bureau of Statistics who are VERY strictly bound by regulations about the use of the data.ABS can't even provide the data to other governemnt agencies!

How do you think services are targeted to those in need if not through information like the census? It is about looking ahead and anticipating the needs of communities (from a governemnt and charity perspective) and many social researchers use the data as well. Since it is not identifiable I don't see the major concern?? Much safer than with the bank anyway!

And no, I don't work for the ABS :)

Rachel

Reply: 2.1.1

And spoken like a real government clone !

Tell me, Did it take many years to arrive at your level of brain washing ?

I'd stop and look around, before its too late !

On 8/1/01 7:43:00 PM, Rachel Freedman wrote:
>I can't believe that you are
>so touchy! With all the
>information we give
>"unknowingly" to commercial
>entities every time we use a
>credit card etc is much more
>of a concern than the data
>provided to the Australian
>Bureau of Statistics who are
>VERY strictly bound by
>regulations about the use of
>the data.ABS can't even
>provide the data to other
>governemnt agencies!
>
>
>How do you think services are
>targeted to those in need if
>not through information like
>the census? It is about
>looking ahead and anticipating
>the needs of communities (from
>a governemnt and charity
>perspective) and many social
>researchers use the data as
>well. Since it is not
>identifiable I don't see the
>major concern?? Much safer
>than with the bank anyway!
>
>And no, I don't work for the
>ABS :)
>
>Rachel

Reply: 2.1.1.1

Hmm on that note I think I agree with the idea of banning anonymous posts!

I have worked in government and in private enterprise (in research areas) and I know who I would rather trust with my personal information!

I spose I am a community minded person and do not see the harm in assisting government with targetting of services etc

Plus I do not lie about my personal info to government and therefore have nothing to hide...maybe unlike you Anonymous??

Rachel

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1

Here we go again. Get a life.
Sam

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1

in my job i have to do a fair bit of marketing. marketing requires data / information collection. without accurate data i simply cannot do my job without it.

the same goes for the government. we moan about the need for schools, roads, hospitals etc. if we dont give the government this information how will they know where to put these things?

I understand your concerns, because if there is a way to divulge this info to those whom would use for their own benefit then it will be found.

i firmly believe that our government is in place to serve us. every five years we have the opportunity to tell them what we need to function as a modern people. why wouldnt we embrace this opportunity with both arms?

if we all complete our census accurately how fantastic and well planned our future will be.

cheers all

douglas
as my grandpa used to say "speculate and accumulate, but only buy where you wanna die"

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.1

Hey,

Is everyone putting "Jedi" down as their religion?

Michael :p

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

I have also heard this. If there are 10,000 (something like this)or more census returns that list "Jedi" as a religion, then the government will officially recognise "Jedi" as being a religion. Ha Ha Ha Ha...George Lucas will be loving this!!!

GlennM.

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Gang, this is a hoax..

It originated in NZ, picked up for the UK census. ABS had press releases about it a few months ago.

Basically governments do not take the census answer on it's own. Evidence of organised religion is required.

Paul Zag
Dreamspinner
Oz Film Biz is at
http://www.healey.com.au/~paulz

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

I know,

But cults get started all the time. Least with our we know that we all can't fit into a 2m plastic model replicate starship :p

Michael

Back