The cheapest Perth suburbs - Highest Yields

But 10m isnt "less than 10m".

I do double garages on 10m front loaders as per the R Codes every day of the week.

that is interesting. i said the same thing, that technically 10m isnt 'less than 10m'. but the guy at the estate was adamant. even the marketing material all had "single garage only" written on those blocks.

do you think theres a chance its wrong?

maybe because its a private estate they can make their own rules? i dont know, but im wondering if they are so set in their opinion it has to be single garage only, that they wouldnt allow double.

that is interesting. i said the same thing, that technically 10m isnt 'less than 10m'. but the guy at the estate was adamant. even the marketing material all had "single garage only" written on those blocks.

maybe because its a private estate they can make their own rules? i dont know, but im wondering if they are so set in their opinion it has to be single garage only, that they wouldnt allow double.

Got nothing to do with the marketing nor the zoning nor the width of the block.

The blocks have covenants on them. Read them.

Got nothing to do with the marketing nor the zoning nor the width of the block.

The blocks have covenants on them. Read them.

I was thinking the blocks could be subject to council Detailed Area Plans. I have seen these with single garages even where the R-Codes would allow a double.

I looked into purchasing In Aveley (previously 'the vale') which is a private estate. I remember there were building stipulations as to what colour colorbond roof you could use, minimum building size.

hi Sash

thanks for sharing the info much appreciated. did you go with a land & house deal or did you buy the land then approach a builder?

is the former a better approach in saving on stamp duty?

You will only ever pay stamp duty on the land component - not the build, so either way is good.

The rep for the builder puts together H & L packages - (I did this for years for every builder mentioned in this thread) with a set sum for what they 'think' the site costs will be for the block.
This is a Provisional sum, which has to be within 10% of what is quoted - by law, although many people don't know this and can be charged more if they don't question a price increase.

If you approach a builder with your own block, then they will work out this price by what their company has built in the area before.

I was thinking the blocks could be subject to council Detailed Area Plans. I have seen these with single garages even where the R-Codes would allow a double.

If this is the Alkimos Beach land you are talking about, it has to do with Lendlease - and the arrogant way they set up this land for development.

They wont be benched the way Perth usually develops the sub-division and the whole ABN Group have washed their hands of it telling their reps not to sell into it.

Saw that someone posted a link to the collie homes H&L packages earlier in the thread, just took a look @
http://collierhomes.com.au/house-and-land-packages/harrisdale-lot-2068/
says 420k, for a 500sqm though site costs are not included.
Yet there is nothing in Harrisdale for under 450k, that is over 400sqm's according to re.com?
Can anyone explain how this is possible?
And what would the site costs roughly be?

Easy.
None of the H&L packages on re.com are actually available. They're just advertising for the builder. The person I was going through at my choice of builder told me such.

So many of these on re.com are put up purposely to give the idea that going through builders/developers direct for h+l packages is saving them (the buyer) a substantial amount of money?
It's all just perception?

So many of these on re.com are put up purposely to give the idea that going through builders/developers direct for h+l packages is saving them (the buyer) a substantial amount of money?
It's all just perception?

the ads on RE, some are genuine some not as dave pointed out. for example, a colleague bought a H&L in Butler last week from HB whilst the ad he saw was not immediately available it was a block whose title will be released in march.

Main goal is neutral cash flow.

Not sure if this is helpful or was covered. My experience from when I was looking for neutral or close to positively geared in Perth last year (although I bought elsewhere) was to be always drawn to older units in East Victoria Park, and sometimes villa units in the outer Armadale.

I had a quick scroll through the rest of your thread, & you mention you wanted newer dwellings. However it was just an idea. :)

which builder is good?

hi, i am choosing between Ventura ID and Collier homes.
the quotes are not exactly the same, and each builider has different exclusions and inclusions.

Please advise:
- ventura or collier are known for better quality considering the "standard package" without upgrade.
- need to upgrade from "standard package"? if so what to upgrade? both builders claim their standard package are adequate for owner occupier standard (and said it not a cheap rental type)
- is it better/cheaper to do tiles/carpet/external bricks/evaporative aircon separately or as part of turn-key? or should i pay someone else directly/separately?

thanks
jonk

hi, i am choosing between Ventura ID and Collier homes.
the quotes are not exactly the same, and each builider has different exclusions and inclusions.

Please advise:
- ventura or collier are known for better quality considering the "standard package" without upgrade.
- need to upgrade from "standard package"? if so what to upgrade? both builders claim their standard package are adequate for owner occupier standard (and said it not a cheap rental type)
- is it better/cheaper to do tiles/carpet/external bricks/evaporative aircon separately or as part of turn-key? or should i pay someone else directly/separately?

thanks
jonk

I will be building with ventura id.
Tendered my build out with a spec and inclusion list to ensure i was comparing apples with apples in terms of price.

Cheers

Hd ace: anything special to do that or just bulk email them all a list and see which replies?

I used the help of a building broker and just chop/ changed their lists to suit my plan and budget. But you could easily do yourself if you know what you want.

Pick 3 or 4 builders you like the workmanship of or have reference of to quote the job.
Pick the best 2 and negotiate a bit better from there.

Take into consideration builders time to get to site and amount of work on their books and go from there.

Cheers

Hi

Does anyone know where I can find a map that shows the cheapest Perth suburbs? Or does anyone have a list of the cheapest Perth suburbs?

I'm after strong yields. neutral/positive cash flow ip

I'm thinking of investing in the middle to outer ring Perth suburbs

This area is as cheap as chips and you can actually build and subdivide now, so potential for high yield, its a corner lot over 1000 sqm, alternatively rent out and wait for rezoning and build 3 when ratified, a number of options available, noice. I know area on the nose, but areas change, we know this from past experience ie Balga, Girrawheen, Lockridge etc.
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-medina-116820523

Back