The Formula for Success.

They aren't books you read all in one go. In fact from memory think and grow rich recommend against this. You need time to reflect and think about how you can apply things otherwise you won't get much out of it.

The formula for Success = 80% Correct Mindset x 20% Applied Strategy.

In other words, 'how' you think is FOUR times more important than 'how' you plan on doing it.

Interestingly, this same formula for success came from other sources that I know of:

1) I remember reading something similar from Tony Robbins, I'm guessing he also got it from Napoleon Hill. He actually credits his strategies as "Think and Grow Rich for today." I was really fascinated when I read that mindset were more powerful than the technical strategy.

2) Thomas Edison - "Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety nine percent perspiration."

Everyday I also focus on improving my mindset by reading to motivational books, listening to audiobooks from mentors, and connecting with like-minded people, and visualizations.

He's one step ahead of you, THE place to live is sunny Queensland!

I've just got back from my first visit to Cairns. I agree with you totally. I can see myself sitting at a beachside cafe eating eggs benny and sipping a large latte while checking the rents have come in via my smartphone. What a life :)

Is that before or after banjo lessons? ;)

I've just got back from my first visit to Cairns. I agree with you totally. I can see myself sitting at a beachside cafe eating eggs benny and sipping a large latte while checking the rents have come in via my smartphone. What a life :)

But seriously, you can do that stuff anywhere. I do it every day in Sydney.

LOL!

We went to Cairns two years ago for two weeks - in August.

Day 1 was 25 and nice. Spent time at the pool with our friends and the kids, settling in for a great trip.
Day 2 was the same and we went to the outer reef for a very memorable day for all.
Day 3 it rained
Day 4 it rained
Day 5 it rained
Day 6 it rained
Day 7 it rained but not as much
Day 8 we got to the pool for 2 hours before it rained
Day 9 it rained.
Day 10 we cancelled the rest of the trip and flew home, because the forecast for the next week was more rain.

LOL!

Day 1 was 25 and nice. Spent time at the pool with our friends and the kids, settling in for a great trip.
Day 2 was the same and we went to the outer reef for a very memorable day for all.
Day 3 it rained
Day 4 it rained
Day 5 it rained
Day 6 it rained
Day 9 it rained.
Day 10 we cancelled the rest of the trip and flew home, because the forecast for the next week was more rain.

Surprise! Surprise! It rains in the rain forests. That happens quite often really and when it does Townsville sees a lot of grey nomads.

The tropical north is best enjoyed earlier, as soon after the wet ends as you can guess it. May can have endless days of perfect weather and even the drier areas such as Townsville are still green and lush.

Surprise! Surprise! It rains in the rain forests. That happens quite often really and when it does Townsville sees a lot of grey nomads.

The tropical north is best enjoyed earlier, as soon after the wet ends as you can guess it. May can have endless days of perfect weather and even the drier areas such as Townsville are still green and lush.
I thought Aug might have been one of the drier months?

Lesson learned; May it is next time.

My wife and I are a jinx for Queensland. The only three times we have been to the Gold Coast we brought a hurricane with us each time.

Sorry :(

My wife and I are a jinx for Queensland. The only three times we have been to the Gold Coast we brought a hurricane with us each time.

Sorry :(
We're heading there next Tues for a week. The wife keeps checking the weather report each day in anticipation! :eek:

Gotta be a jinx for sure?

LOL!

Day 3 it rained
Day 4 it rained
Day 5 it rained
Day 6 it rained
Day 9 it rained.

We went to the Gold Coast 2 years ago in August, loved the weather, little bit of rain to keep things cool ;)

Sounds nice!

In shorts and thongs every day? ;)

Another vote for sunny, warm Queensland! :D
Good point!

We're heading there next Tues for a week. The wife keeps checking the weather report each day in anticipation! :eek:

We went to the Gold Coast 2 years ago in August, loved the weather, little bit of rain to keep things cool ;)
it's been a bit colder than usual in Brisbane for this time of year. Cool mornings/nights, beautiful days.

To show what a magnanimous guy I am, just for you I shall cancel my planned trip to Queensland scheduled for next Tuesday.*

*Entire content of post made up in order to use the word magnanimous :D

Back