The great Oz property crash of 2005.

Yeah I accepted the Golden Key thinking it was a great opportunity, but in the end it was/is pretty pointless (especially in Australia) and disappointing...although each time the panel heard in an interview that the candidate was a golden key recipient they almost started drooling.

golden key national honours society is meant to be where you were upper 10-15% in your faculty for the year.

Other than putting it in ur resume - doesn't really mean much.

Well some generalisations just have to be made. Eg apples are good for you, well too much is not good too.

Anyway what you said about how hard it is to get a job etc is not necesarilly true. The places that you say only take 10 graduates out of 1000, or maybe try 2 people out of 5000 which many of us have been through, don't really care if you have a double degree or phd or not...

To be honest, the only reason you would need it is because you weren't able to differentiate yourself in the first place.

Well some generalisations just have to be made. Eg apples are good for you, well too much is not good too.

Anyway what you said about how hard it is to get a job etc is not necesarilly true. The places that you say only take 10 graduates out of 1000, or maybe try 2 people out of 5000 which many of us have been through, don't really care if you have a double degree or phd or not...

To be honest, the only reason you would need it is because you weren't able to differentiate yourself in the first place.

this is true, I only have one degree and plenty of my mates dont have doubles and they are doing fine. If you are a total social tard and unable to interview then for some roles a double will help... also the who you know BS always plays which is unfortunately the real world.

Yeah I accepted the Golden Key thinking it was a great opportunity, but in the end it was/is pretty pointless (especially in Australia) and disappointing...although each time the panel heard in an interview that the candidate was a golden key recipient they almost started drooling.
I should put it on my resume then. I finished uni and was invited to join. Didn't know what it was. My gut feel was that it was a waste of time and money but I paid the $80 or whatever it was to be a member anyway. I still think it's a waste of time but if those crabs at recruitment agencies rate it I might bang it on my resume.

They do have meetings and social functions from time to time which I can only imagine a heap of pin*icks turn up and go "you smart huh? Me too. Gee it's good being smart". Reminds me of people who join mensa.

I should put it on my resume then. I finished uni and was invited to join. Didn't know what it was. My gut feel was that it was a waste of time and money but I paid the $80 or whatever it was to be a member anyway. I still think it's a waste of time but if those crabs at recruitment agencies rate it I might bang it on my resume.

They do have meetings and social functions from time to time which I can only imagine a heap of pin*icks turn up and go "you smart huh? Me too. Gee it's good being smart". Reminds me of people who join mensa.

I haven't even heard of it

Back