The Hardest Post I’ve Ever Had To Write

Words may seem hollow from someone like me who is not a prolific poster, but like the others (and someone who also has a 21 year old son) I will certainly be thinking of you (someone I really don't know but know of so well).

thats all really....

Dear Ruby,

I am very sorry to hear of Matt's passing, this is very sad news :( My sincere condolences to you, your family and friends.

Ozi

Dear Ruby.

This is strange, writing to someone I have never met, but I too have a Matt and I cannot imagine how I would cope if one of my boys went through what your Matt has gone through, and to not make it through.... Reading your post I just sat here in shock, though I don't know you at all.

When I read things like this, it makes me regret the silly arguments we all have and try to be a bit mellow about the stupid little things we argue about and say and do because.... we don't know what is around the corner.

Thinking of you and your family.

Wylie

Dear Ruby,

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

It is a real shock to hear of someone so young passing.

I wish you all the strength to move on from now, with you memories of Matt forever with you.

Regards

Hi Ruby,

Very sorry to read about your loss.

Please take the time to make some quiet time, think about your son and when it feels like he is there, talk to him.

The spirit does live on.

Ruby and family,

our sincerest condolences for you all at this time. May you find peace in the knowledge that he has no more pain and suffering and as you hold his precious memory in your hearts.

over the last 18 months i have watched my 28yo brother fight stage 3A (i think) hodgkins and unfortunately only too aware of the battle he has - to have been fighting two cancers at the same time - i am certain Matt was an extraordinary young man with amazing strength and character

be assured of our prayers for you and your family

Grant and Nic

Ruby,

I don't know you but feel deeply for you none the less. I can only imagine what you've been and are going through and I also would like to offer my sincere condolences to you, your family and friends.

Arkay.

Dear Ruby (and family), that is such a beautiful picture of your son, Matt..what a great smile.

Sincerest condolences Ruby, my young cousin lost her battle with Hodgkins too...she is always in our hearts and minds. You will all be in our prayers.

*This memory brightens o'er the past; as when the sun, concealed; behind some cloud that near us hangs; shines on a distant field.*

(Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)

Pam

Ruby,

I feel very sad for your loss, but hope that memories of happier times with your son will help you through this difficult time. Sincere condolences to you and your family.

AnneDe

Last edited:
Dear Ruby. We are so very sorry to hear about the passing of your dear son. We also have a son who is 21 this weekend and I can only imagine how I would feel if I lost him. Your photo of Matt is beautiful. That smile is forever. helen & Phil

Ruby, that is just devastating news. It is events like these that test even the strongest of souls. My sincerest condolences for you and yours.

I hope everything from here on in is of happier news. I know how hard the last number of years has been and you deserve better than you've received.

James.

This is also the hardest post to read. I'm sorry for your loss. It leaves me sad but honored that you would share this with us.

MJK

Ruby, Having being singled out for special mention I am in a difficult situation. As you know, I am no diplomat, but one cannot live as long as I have without having known the great sense of loss when any loved one is taken from us but it is especially painful when it is a young person.

It does nothing to ease the pain either when the passing has been expected for some time.

Naturally, you and your family have my sincere sympathy.

Bill AKA Thommo

Back